Welcome to Prague Biennale 5

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by JohnMetsn, Aug 1, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

About 2 month ago, just before going to US, and Indian girl (I believe the last creation is from her) asked me the way to Prague Biennale 5. I didn't know what she's talking about, but I did try helping her searching for its location with my smartphone. The stupid thing was, that I was just coming back from a small photoshoot with relatively big tripod on my back and camera on my neck. So I felt a bit ashamed, when she asked me, if I'm not from Prague, that I don't know about the biggest international art exhibition in Czech republic. I couldn't confess, that I'm living just 10 minutes from there.

Anyway, I decided to take a look there after coming back. And it was...well interesting. I was probably even more curious to take a look at the place where the exhibition was placed...in former industrial building called Microna, where in the basement there is one of the last nuclear cover in Prague. Time to time I got scared there that someone will close those huge concrete door and no one will ever hear from us again...well supports the mood of the whole exhibition :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Isn't that last one off 'Half-Life'?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Well if it would jump out at me, I would surely kill it without thinking. I was relieved to read that those teeth are not real, but somewhere in this creation there are real human hair...and that doesn't make me much calmer either...:eek:

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Ondrej,

That is one erie looking shoot. What a dramatic and forlorn setting.

Cool set, though I'd be nervous that the door would close too.

Alan

5. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Alan,

because of you I needed to take out my dictionary again :wink: Thank you for your kind words :smile:

Ondrej

• Like Like x 1