1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

welcome from NYC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sva, May 4, 2011.

1. sva

sva New to Mu-43

May 4, 2011
    Hi All-

I'm about to pick up a gf2. I hold a BFA in photography/cinema, and I'm working on my MFA in animation in new york city. After giving up 4x5/medium format, I haven't really been shooting lately. I'm buying a micro 4/3 as a tool to help with how i see and compose. It seems like the perfect format that offers a lot of control without the significant bulk of DSLRs.

Anyway, glad to join this community!

2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard SVA! The GF2 is a nice little camera. Never played with one, but it looks interesting. I like to have dials and buttons, so not necessarily my type of camera. But it does look pretty cool! I just bought a Pany 14/2.5 lens, and it's super super small. Great match for the GF2 if you don't need anything longer or a zoom lens. The Pany 20/1.7 is also a great match for the GF2, and probably a little bit more flexible in terms of general usage.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.