Welcome back to MFT thread :))

Markb

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
After sneaking a few pictures into various threads I thought I'd better say hello to you all once again. After a spate of Canon and Fuji madness I've come to the conclusion that they don't do anything for me that I can't get from :43:.

This lot should keep me going for a while :2thumbs:

Attachments

Y-V-E-S

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Yves Gajardo
I started out in :43: with an EPL-2 back in 2011. Sold it after a year and went to a different format. Now I'm back with an OM-D E-M5 and I LOVE IT!!!! I actually still have the legacy glass that I bought when I had the EPL-2 knowing someday I'd return. Glad I didn't let go of those lenses along with the EPL-2. :2thumbs:

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I started out in :43: with an EPL-2 back in 2011. Sold it after a year and went to a different format. Now I'm back with an OM-D E-M5 and I LOVE IT!!!! I actually still have the legacy glass that I bought when I had the EPL-2 knowing someday I'd return. Glad I didn't let go of those lenses along with the EPL-2. :2thumbs:
Welcome back Yves :2thumbs:

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It appears I'm the first double poster in this thread. I've re-returned.

This is copy and pasted from my return thread elsewhere ....

So, I played with Pentax. It is really nice but I came to miss my Olympus and m43. While the K5II is very small by APS standards, as were the lenses (16-50 and 50-135 (both brilliant optically), I just really wanted to get back into a smaller kit.

So today I've purchased a 17 1.8, 45 1.8 and OM-D with grip and 14-42 zoom.

I'm really looking forward to the 17 and I missed the 45. I hope someday to get the 75 and the 12, but money isn't available for those right now. Will add a longer zoom soon, just need to decide which one.

I'm re-returning because I've been here since the EP-1. I bought an EP-1 shortly after it was introduced, but lack of a viewfinder really bugged me. A short time later as I was in the process of leaving the newspaper business I invested in an EP2 with VF2 and had the Pany 7-14, 20 and 45 lenses. Used those everyday for six months or so for the newspaper, carrying the heavy as hell Canon 1d MkIIn and 70-200 for long stuff. And happily used it after I started a new career.

I went full frame with a 5d after that for a while, but when the OM-D was introduced I jumped on that. An OM-1n was my first professional system at my first newspaper. I loved photography again and took the small kit with me everywhere. Sold it for financial reasons and when I was able I planned to get another, but had to try the Pentax. It is a beautiful camera and lenses, but just not quite my style, so here I am again.

Now to wait for USPS ....

Nathan King

Mu-43 Regular
Add me to the list of folks who ventured away in search of greener pastures and realized there weren't any! I left one year ago after transitioning to a completely analog process. Maintaining a dark room for almost daily use has become prohibitively expensive, and after traveling with the Hasselblad system (and filters) I quickly became tired of the weight. I've found a way to get the best of both worlds by using my E-M5 again but transferring the file to film and contact printing in the darkroom. The results are only limited by my skill, and I am enjoying photography more than I ever have. Now, I just have to save up to get those lenses that I sold back!

I'm currently working on a long-term photo essay on historic buildings which have been destroyed or are currently in danger of being demolished.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

tonezime

New to Mu-43
I'm coming back to MFT after leaving for Pentax. I realized I'd moved past K-mount to m42 and there was nothing holding me there, and I always did love the size and feel of my Olympus and Panasonic lenses.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom