Welcome back to MFT thread :))

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Bhupinder2002, May 19, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This thread is to extend a warm welcome to those who left :43: for something else but later on discovered they were missing something and returned back to MFT .I am not saying other formats have flaws or unsuitable but yet there is something special about MFT which attracts every one . It may be the lenses or different type of camera bodies , portability , ease of shoot etc etc . I am glad to see the Olympus OMD is finally emerging as a very respectable and game changer MFT camera . Once again a warm welcome to those who have returned to MFT after a while , well done ..:2thumbs::2thumbs::bravo-009::bravo-009:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

• Like Like x 6
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Lol. Can we make this a sticky :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

I don't know how to make it a sticky ..lol.I can request Amin or anyone of friendly moderators to do it .
    Cheers

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I'm finally seeing Olympus TV ads here in the US - hopefully the format will continue to gain respect and acceptance. I agree - this should be a sticky! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

How do I make it a sticky?
    Cheers

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I think it has to be Amin or one of the other moderaters.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Done :biggrin:.

Seriously, it's good to see some of my favorite old members returning back to the system and our community :drinks:.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Amin though I have no idea about the significance of this STICKY business ..lol
    :rofl:

9. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Started with an EP-1 when it first came out. It was a fun camera, but the lack of a viewfinder of any sort, was frustrating. Had a D700 at the time, a lovely but large camera. More camera than I needed too since I was transitioning out of professional photography. Sold the D700 and went Canon 5d. I still had access to the newspaper gear so ended up deciding to go m43. Sold my Canon gear and got an EP2, VF2, 7-14, 14-45, 20, and 45 macro. Loved the size, was overall happy with the image quality and used it extensively for the newspaper, reserving the Canon gear for telephoto use. Made a nice combo. When I left the newspaper I had the m43 gear and it served me well.

I used the m43 gear for about two years before hankering for FF and wanting to do some professional gigs again. Went back to a 5d kit as rumors of the OM-D began flying about. I knew, if the rumors were true, I'd come back for the OM-D. The 5d was, and still is a fabulous camera. But it is big and slow. I have no interest, or finances, in spending $3000 on a camera so to change cameras or systems in needs to be a wholesale change.

When the OM-D started shipping and initial reviews were gushing I knew m43 had reached a new level. Sold my 5d kit and was lucky enough that Amazon had a 14-42/black OM-D kit in stock and had it within two days of selling my Canon gear.

So very happy to have the fabulous image quality in such a small kit.

With the OM-D, I can't see going back to a bigger camera for my current needs. While not perfect, the OM-D is at a whole new level of performance and it will only get better ....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bhupinder2002

Thanks you Jeff .
    Much appreciated your input .This is the whole idea of this thread.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

11. romzL

romzL Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2012
    romz
    hi guys! im a new m4/3 user. i just dumped my DSLR due to its bulkiness and weight. i don't do pro photography so that's one of the reason why i shifted. :) hoping to learn a lot from you guys here! :)

12. Jemski

Jemski Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    Philippines
    Jeremy
    welcome to mu4/3 romz! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bhupinder2002

I think we need to keep this thread alive ..hahaahaah
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    MFT? hmm, that sounds familiar. Must be a new feature of Sony's regarding focus peaking...schweet!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bhupinder2002

MFT- My Fotography Tool..hahhahaaah|
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

16. Bhupinder2002

Hi Guys ..Please extend a warm welcome( back) to our quite senior member WT21. He tried NEX ..REX and coudnt RELAX..so he is back :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Now its very interesting that WT21 asked Amin to make this thread as sticky when I first started it hahaaaah :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

chill.

• Like Like x 1
  17. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Bhupinder2002 :nice beer . we have to have a few when we are down in Melbourne.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bhupinder2002

HAaahh there is anti-climax mate ..I dont drink :wink::wink::wink::wink:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

19. Ian_Holmes

Ian_Holmes Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2010
    Minnesota
    That would be me then. I've been away for about 2 years according to my profile. I had (still have actually) an EP-2 Pen when they first came out. Absolutely loved taking pictures with it. Except when I had my Lumix 45-200 on it. The balance felt way off to me. So for some strange reason I bought a Canon T3-i. Nice camera I suppose. But I never "bonded" with it the way I did with my EP-2. Today I was in National Camera in Maple Grove, MN and looked at the OM-D. Oh my. This is a gorgeous camera. I fell in love with it immediately. So I now have a nice shiny new OM-D with the 12-50 zoom to have some fun with.

20. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Nice weenie shot. I feel strangely hungry. :smile: