Weird Pen F EVF response

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Is there a way to switch off the evf of a Pen F and only use the screen on the back or vice versa......Something weird is going on with mine
If I start up the camera there is no response in the EVF but the camera will take images OK.
If I then flip the screen into position then the screen works perfectly, taken images and videos are see in the and play back ok.
If I then shut the screen, the EVF used to kick in and all was well, but now the EVF is blank, the camera works as usual ie taking images which can be seen by using the screen.
If I then press the play button while the screen is closed and look through the EVF then I can review videos and images which come up on the EVF
If the screen is shut and I look through the EVF, I see nothing. but i then take an image.... no image pops up but then I hit the blue show photos button while looking thru the EVP, up pop the videos or photos I have taken on the SD card.
I have re-formated the camera.....nothing changed
I have taken out the battery for 5 minutes and nothing changed
I hope someone can suggest what is going on ............ or if some way Ive switched off the EVF to favour the screen

Fixed it by turning off the eye detect in the J menu

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom