1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Weird flash problem!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoJo, May 12, 2014.

1. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    It seems that the only time I post something is when I am having a problem......here we go again. I bought two pairs of the Cactus V radio slaves and have used them twice. The first time they worked just fine and were perfect for my application. Last Friday, I used them again but they just did not work well. If I pushed the test button on top of the transmitter, the flash went off every time! When I pushed the camera's shutter button, I got an intermittent flash. I tried two different transmitters and two different cameras. I tried various camera settings to no avail. I finally pulled out a backup Cybersync trigger and everything worked as it should.

It seems the the Cactus V has a mechanical contact problem. Yes, I tried reseating the transmitter several times.

Any ideas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.