1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Weekly Challenge #6 (Jan. 12 - Jan. 19 ): Landscape

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by TNcasual, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Welcome to this week's Weekly Challenge.

Remember ONLY POST PHOTOS TAKEN DURING THE WEEK OF THE CHALLENGE!

This week's Topic is:

Landscape

The purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to get photographers out taking images to practice, learn new techniques, develop skills, and to have fun.

If possible, also include information on the "how's" and "why's" of the image: e.g. settings, composition, location...

If you would like to add topic ideas, do so here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shooting landscapes is a big step out of my comfort zone. :biggrin: There is a bald eagle in the upper crotch of the taller tree in this photo.

24818235767_720e187baf_h.
    EM126708-Edit-1
    by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TNcasual

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. TNcasual

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Your EXIF isn't in flickr, what lens and FL did you use for this?

I'm also curious about what that flare looks like in the original, color image.

5. The lens was the 12-100 on an EM10. 12mm f/6.3. I am at work, so I don't have access to the original at the moment.

Edit: Here is the color version.

39732718281_e97487441d_h.
    M1012481-1
    by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  6. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    Rex Lookout between Cairns and Port Douglas in far north Queensland, Shot with EM1.2, 12-100 and polarising filter. Very little post processing.
    39024410444_6cd2fb091d_h. Rex Lookout by Phil Gartner, on Flickr

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. brings back fond memories of 33 years ago!
    That's not Green Island in the distance is it?

8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    E1160498 pink & purple  sunset.
    E-M1    ---    0mm    f/1.0    1/8s    ISO 320

• Like Like x 3
  9. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    Made me go and google earth it to check but nope that is "Double Island" just off Palm Cove 16kms away. The hills etc behind that are the headland areas the other side of cairns harbour. Green island should be to the left hand edge but is not visible in any photo i have from Rex lookout.... it's 46kms from the lookout and would be effectively over the horizon i would think.

10. That's what I thought too... If I recall correctly Green Island was due east of Cairns. We took a wee boat ride over to GI and thought "what a great place to spend a few days, instead of on the mainland in Cairns!" thought we'd maybe do that next time back to Australia... hmmm... 33 years later and we haven't made it back yet!
    Thanks for checking into this though @AussiePhil@AussiePhil :2thumbs: Good on yer, mate!

• Like Like x 1
  11. This one is actually kind of funny @barry13@barry13.

As I was heading out to a photo meeting last night I was thinking I had hit another deadline for the weekly challenge and here it was pitch black out. I was hoping for a full moon when I got home so I could at least get a shot of the moonshine (light not libation) as it glimmered over the snow in our yard out back... with a wee wooden fence in the foreground, a broken down stone fence and leafless tree in the middle and if I got real lucky with the timing the moon rising over the hill in the distance... that's a landscape, right?

So when I finally got home I checked the thread and found out I still had a couple of days left to procrastinate and maybe get a daytime shot... and... you had already taken my shot! ;) 

I do like your version of my shot though and can actually see the hill in the middle but somehow the moon has turned into a street lamp in yours and the leafless tree has turned into a lamp post. With a little more dodging in post I think we could probably pull a fence out of the foreground?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. discus277

discus277 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2018
    Fripp Island, South Carolina
    Jim
    Here are two taken this morning....the bridge over the inlet to Fripp Island, South Carolina. Pen f camera with Olympus 17mm f 1:8. ...some adjustments in LR Classic

untitled-28. untitled-14.

• Like Like x 8
  13. discus277

discus277 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2018
    Fripp Island, South Carolina
    Jim
    One more today from Fripp Island, SC.....looking south......Pen f with 17 mm f:1.8 edited with Color Efex Pro 4

untitled-38-Edit.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Kalifornier

Kalifornier Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 29, 2014
    California
    Lunchtime walk today (E-PL7/Pana 14-42 II)
    P1170248-Pano-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-2.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Rifleair

Rifleair Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2016
    Midlands, UK
    01EM0039.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. junkyardsparkle

junkyardsparkle haunted scrap heap Subscribing Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Like, The Valley
    I'm usually not all that interested in landscape photos other than shooting out of vehicle windows to pass the time, but I do love me some red rocks, even when the light isn't all that great...

f1160308-f1160311_b_01.

Four stitched portrait shots with the Oly 17/1.8

• Like Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.