1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Weekend with EM-5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bipinsnair, Mar 18, 2013.

1. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    Local town center had the Persian New Year Festival this weekend and I went out and took some pictures with EM-5.I was excited as I did not go out and take pictures in the past months due to winter weather, but it turned out that this weekend was also cold and hence I spent only couple of hours at the festival.
    Mostly used Oly 75 1.8, Oly 45 1.8 and Pana 20 1.7 for few.Here are some shots I could edit.There may be more and I will post if I find any good ones and get time to edit those..:smile:

Needless to say, I love EM-5 more, every time I use it.It is such a fun camera for what it is and without the bulk and weight. I am extremely pleased with the results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking out :smile:

• Like Like x 3
  2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    Very nice! Where was this held?

(you don't have your location set under your profile... we're an international group here, and I find it very neat to see what people photograph around the world!)

3. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    Thanks, glad that you liked it.
    Sorry, I did not notice the location was not there, just updated now.

This was at Reston town in Virginia.

4. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Nice

Great shots. I love the colors and contrast. Did you do much post processing or were these straight out of camera JPGs? Which lens do you like using the most?
    I am impressed with this camera's abilities.

5. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    Thanks for the comment.
    Yes, i did some post processing on the out of camera jpegs.I had soem free photoshop actions and I used that and adjusted the sharpness color etc to my taste.
    But I have to say that the out of camera jpegs were beautiful.The color was so good and I just enhanced that a little bit.

Even though I used Pana 20, all the shots I posted here were from Oly 45 and 75.I like all 3 lenses and if I have to rate, it will be 75 the most liked, then the 45 and then 20.

And yes, I am also really impressed with this camera.I bought it as a travel, easy snapshot camera and now seriously considering selling my full frame Nikon and those gold ring Nikon lenses.
    While the Nikon camera and lenses that I have are great, for my needs, this gives enough quality and is very convenient to use.(small size, less weight, great out of camera jpegs, great auto white balance results, IBIS etc etc)

But I can see why some may still need their DSLRs.

• Like Like x 1