Week Two With OM-D, Time to take a break for food.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Catscratch, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Catscratch

Catscratch Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
    Hi Everyone.

I used to hump around a ton of full frame Nikon gear. I love the OM-D for so many reasons that the affore-mentioned gear has now been sold on to a younger stronger sole.

Anyway, I just thought I would share a shot from my local pub taken with my new friend the OM-D and the Pany 25mm 1.4. Sometimes you just have to stop playing with new toys and grab a bite and a pint.

Cheers!
    Mark
    Cat Scratch Images: Sustenance

Attached Files:

2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Zomg those fries are teh nom!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

What is this supposed to mean?

4. powasky

powasky New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2012
    aka "lord father in heaven, the fried potatoes shown in the image above look mighty tasty!"

5. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

Really? I recognize three English words but the rest seems to be from some unknown dialect or language.

Thanks for the translation and the fish and chips do look good. I wonder why there are no mushy peas, if, as I suspect the OP is in England?

• Like Like x 1
  6. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Mann
    Lol this thread is funny as well as yummy :rofl:

7. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
    That was great..hehe!
    Allow me to tranlate it for you:

Zomg those fries are teh nom!

"Oh my God, those fries look so good, and right now I am very hungry that if those fries were in front of me at this moment, I could just eat them up"

8. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    LOL wow this thread is funny ;)

To enhance the already-given explanation earlier...

"ZOMG" is an internet meme that plays off of "OMG" (oh my God). I believe a great few internet memes come from people playing online role-playing games (think - World of Warcraft, Everquest before it, etc) - there's lots of text chatting and people tying in a hurry sometimes, and ZOMG could be a typo that "took off" so to speak -- the typer was attempting to hit "left shift" and instead missed and hit "Z" ;)

"teh" is another internet meme - it's a simple (and fairly common) misspelling of "the"

"nom" is our final internet meme - it's representing "delicious food or the exaggerated sound or actions one makes while consuming delicious food" (nom nom nom).

9. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

I see! So while not a completely unknown dialect, it is nonetheless known primarily, I take it, to cultural anthropologists and certain young men playing computer games in dark rooms in their parents basements.

I wonder if anyone actually uses these new "words" in speech or if they're confined solely to the lesser known recesses of the interwebs. It might be interesting to eavesdrop on a couple of people conversing in these terms. Probably impenetrable to the average person but no doubt quite fascinating to observe.:smile:

10. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    Well it's been a few years since I actively played, but I promise I never played in my parents' basement :2thumbs:

From what I can gather (I'm upper enlisted in the military, so a great many of the people around me are aged 18-24), most of the younger folks don't actually talk light that. Some may make the occasional reference by actually "talking meme" but it's pretty rare, and usually done purposefully as a punchline befitting of a meme reference.

I have briefly seen people on gaming-oriented TV channels (watched by my aforementioned co-workers during their break times) and sometimes the hosts of these channels would throw in "meme slang" and it made everyone cringe.