1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Weebee saying hi.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Weebee, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Weebee

Weebee Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 2, 2016
    Steve
    Hi all, my name is Steve. I'm from upstate New York. I've been into photography since I was a kid. Strictly a hobbyist. I've taken the mirrorless plunge about 2 years ago. First with a Nikon 1 S1. Then I got a Nikon 1 J5 about 8 months ago. I like the size/weight differences between these and my larger DSLRs. I really like the J5. But it lacks a couple things I wanted. After some research. I ordered a OM-D E-M10. It will be here tomorrow. It has the 14-42 lenses. I also have the 40-150 in my sights as well. If I decide this system is a keeper then I'll get the 75-300. And a couple primes after I sell off a couple of my other rigs. I also bought a grip for it since I have large hands, Though this camera is slightly bigger then the Nikon 1 J5, which I don't have a grip for. I'm currently trying to figure out if my Yongnuo YN560 IV flash will work on this camera. I don't see any issues with it. Anyway, I'm liking this site. Alot of good insight to be found here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    Welcome to the forum, Steve. There's a wealth of knowledge here and, unlike most internet forums, it's actually an enjoyable and friendly place to hang out (most of the time). We'll look forward to seeing your work with your E-M10.:Welcome:

3. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    The Yongnuo YN560 IV will (should) work fine on the EM10 body. The Nikon version is also slightly easier to mount than the Canon version. Obviously it's strictly a manual flash, but I'm sure you know this. You can also pair it with the YN-560TX too.

Yongnuo YN560-IV Speedlite Review - DavidPartington.com