wedding photographers get into a fight!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zap, Sep 18, 2013.

1. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    :eek: didn't know wedding photography is such a dangerous job!! :frown: :frown:

[ame=""]Wedding Photographers Get Into Fight - YouTube[/ame]
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    man, they took the FF vs. m43 debate a little far:smile:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wow - that's a lot of equipment being tossed around ... wonder how this effects the status of their "non-refundable deposits!"

Truth is, I could totally see this happening. I've been getting into doing some wedding shoots and I'm quickly learning that many (certainly not all) wedding photographers are just terrible, terrible people trying to take a wedding and make it all about themselves.
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Terrible way to give the Bride & Groom a memorable experience - unfortunately, they were only thinking about themselves....
  5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    First off, somebody made a big mistake by getting that many photographers shooting their wedding. What were they thinking? This is a typical case of people not understanding the need to hire a professional and trust that professional to do the job, giving him/her the control he/she needs to get the job done without interference from others. In other words, I'm guessing that we're seeing a bunch of people shooting "for portfolio exposure" or something stupid like that. Who else would afford to pay that many photographers a professional wage, and if they are not all a team from the same company then why would they show so much animosity towards each other (and desire to capture each others' indiscretions on tape)?

However, as bad a decision as that was... this behavior is way beyond overboard. Most notably, the grabbing of $10,000+ video cameras and thrusting them in the ground with no apparent purpose but to destroy them in anger. Taking your anger out physically on the person causing your anger is one thing (not the right thing to do, but it's imaginable). However, to turn your anger on such expensive equipment and just destroy it without purpose? I think that takes a seriously messed up head... Or am I just too focused on money and worth of possessions, lol? If I were angry enough to attack another photographer... I would let him put his camera down first, lol!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I like how everyone else is taking pictures.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012

i suppose they may claim it was photojournalism? :redface:
  8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    What a bunch of idiots. Grown men fighting for absolutely nothing except for broken camera gear, ruining a wedding and probably never getting work again.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    That about sums it up.

Actually look closer. There are at least two brides, might even be a third as I can't tell if the last group you catch sight of is actually the first bride you see leaving the seen. There is also a couple you see sitting on a bench, so there could be an engagement shoot happening as well.

While I have never experience anything this bad I can tell you there are some "prime" locations in the area where you can have a little bit of group overload.
  10. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah - it looks like either a photography clinic, or a discount "mass" engagement/wedding session. Either way, what a couple of idiots these two must feel like now - what could possibly have been the original problem that justified all of that?
  11. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Must be bath salts. We're lucky they didn't eat each other.
  12. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    ........"and all I said was my Olympus has better DR than your Canon." :biggrin:
  13. MarylandUSA

MarylandUSA Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Paul Franklin Stregevsky
    I asked my Russian-born wife what they're saying. She said, "Basically they're saying 'F__k! F__k!' In different ways."
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2013
    Mark James
    Thanks for the translation. :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Good observations! I have no idea what's going on with this shoot, but I know I would never arrange such a cluster****, lol. :confused:

PS, I may not be responding to them all, but I'm loving the comments I've read in this thread thus far! :D
  16. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    +1 - As a preacher I've seen the best and the worst of wedding photographers. Most are very professional, but some are arrogant primadonas who are way too full of themselves. Happily, those folks are rare. :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    When I was shooting weddings (back in the age of dinosaurs, knights in armor and film), my goal was to be invisible. I loved it when someone would walk up to me during the posed shots after the wedding and say "Did you take any shots of the ceremony? I didn't see you at all!"

At most of the recent weddings I've been to (NOT photographed at, thankfully), the "wedding pros" are simply clueless as to the impact they have. When my niece got married a couple of years ago, as they were walking down the aisle after the ceremony the photog (reputed to be a very well known and highly regarded pro in NYC*) was walking backward about 3 feet in front of them, shooting as fast as the flash would recycle. I'll give him a break on the flash, as it was very dark in the room, but doesn't he know that Canon makes lenses longer than the 24-70? He could have stood at the last row of guests with a 70-200 and not been in anyone's view.

*Frankly, his work was crap in my book. Most of the shots were overexposed to the point where the wedding dress was completely blown out. My rule was always retain detail in the dress. No one cares if the groom's tux is solid black, but when the bride pays thousands of dollars for a fancy dress she wants to see it. And way too many shots weren't level. The ground, the horizon, doorways, etc. were frequently tilted, but not enough to make me think it was intentional.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. caspert79

caspert79 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 4, 2013
    Quite enjoyable usually, videos from Russia.