Wedding Images - Slide Show

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by William Innes, Sep 6, 2013.

1. William Innes

William Innes New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Los Angeles California
    I recently had an opportunity to bring a Lumix GH3 with me to one of my weddings. I shot stills and video and recently created a slide show combining both. It can be seen here.
  2. Photodan1

Photodan1 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Very nice William, good compositional eye and location. We're you using that body on the coming down the aisle shots and movement etc? I have shot quite a few weddings over the years and I have one booked in November that I will shoot with my EM5. Those movement shots are the only ones I am a little concerned about.
  3. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
  4. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Beautiful pics out there Williams.

I am using GH2 hacked with brilliant results (Driftwood Moon T7). Have a weeding coming next March - look forward to use that camera and PM2, maybe an OMD by then.

Just wondering why would you put on that slide-show - promotion for Panasonic? I'm sure the bride/groom wouldn't give a damn about it.

Like your work.

5. William Innes

William Innes New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Los Angeles California
    PhotoDan1 - I did use the camera for the recessional while they were moving. I use back button focusing on all my cameras. I set the GH3 up to turn off focusing when the shutter button is pressed. I set the rear focus button for focus only - no exposure. Last I turned on AFC - Auto Focus Continuous. To shoot an object that is still - press the rear focus button and let go - take the photo. To shoot a moving object - press the rear focus button and don't let go - take the photo. You can google this way of focusing. There are great articles and even an ebook available on the subject.
  6. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Nice work but the images are too rushed. I don't get a change to view them properly before we are onto the next image. Some more unimportant images seem to get a longer time than the couple image. Just my view.
  7. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Good stuff. I especially like that last shot on the couch. Nice tones.

I feel like all different transitions in the video were really distracting. Most of the time, in professional video, there are no transitions. Just cut to the next image. Transitions are just "flash" and they subtract from otherwise good work.

Thanks for sharing. It takes guts to put your work all out there online where people can pick it apart. :)
  8. CliftonBowers

CliftonBowers Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 3, 2013
    nice work man, i am impressed with it, thanks for sharing this with us here