1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Weather sealing ? Apparently not happening any time soon.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bbodine9, Apr 2, 2010.

1. bbodine9

bbodine9 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2010
    I know there are some of us who aspire to own this type of camera in a weather sealed body and lens combo but from what I have seen to date it does not appear likely. My biggest reason for saying this is not so much that a weather sealed body is out of the question but there has not been one lens produced that has the weather sealing required to make a complete system. What a shame because it could be the ultimate go to camera style regardless of conditions. If anyone knows otherwise or can relate their inclement weather experiences I would be pleased to hear about it. Thanks!

2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    I work in very dusty and rough conditions with the camera always out and on the go. Weather sealing is the one thing I wish we had. Do this and they are well on the way to a pro camera... and at that point we will know Panasonic is serious about :43:. Until then I regard my instruments as ultimately disposable.

Bokeh Diem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.