1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Weather-sealed lenses?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by TheBiles, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    What are the weather-sealed lenses out there? I've got my OM-D's kit lens, but I'd really like something more compact and weather sealed.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    At least for now, you're out of luck.

There is one other sealed m4/3 lens currently available - the Panasonic 12-35/2.8. It's roughly the same size as the 12-50. The announced Olympus 60/2.8 macro will also be sealed, but it too is not a small lens. The only other sealed options are legacy 4/3 HG and SHG lenses using the MMF3 adapter. The smallest of these - the 50/2 macro - plus adapter is still at least as large as your 12-50.

DH

3. TheBiles

TheBiles Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    This makes me a sad panda. I guess I'll try and keep my camera in a bag (rather than my pocket), but I intend on being in some rough environments, and this is disappointing.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The primes are so small, they are easy to keep out of the weather.

5. denniscloutier

denniscloutier Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    The Olympus 4/3 high grade and super high grade lenses are also weather sealed. I have the 14-54 II and it is a fantastic lens. The auto focus is slower than with native lenses, and you need to use Olympus' weather sealed adapter, but it is a fast zoom with excellent image quality.