1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

We need similar in the m4/3s range.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, May 8, 2010.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The Online Photographer: The Most Desirable Cameras on the Planet

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Well, there goes the secondary market prices.

Bokeh D

3. I agree, OzRay -

I would certainly love to have a high-quality autofocus 150 or 300 that integrates well with the µ43. While were at it, it would also be great if Olympus would give us an E-µ1 when they announce the successor to the E-3.

In my fantasy, it would be reduced in size (just slightly larger than a G1 or GH1) but would have all of the controls and general specs of the E-3++.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I'd like a 14-35mm f2 and 35-100mm f2 equivalent. On the E3 front, I don't think a G1 sized body woud go well with the 4/3s lenses, they need a reasonably sized body to balance well. I've got all the super high grade zooms and I wouldn't want anything much smaller than the current E3. What I would like is an integrated grip, which would reduce the size somewhat and give a much better handling camera.

Cheers

Ray

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
  6. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    I've always wondered, but never knew anyone who's had the upper end of "expensive" lenses...

is the image quality that much better? or are they mainly bought for the faster & constant F stop?

7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Both. The quality is outstanding, especially when shooting wide open, which you just can't get with anything else and as indicated, these lenses will keep performing as the sensor technology improves. But the high grade lenses are also extremely good, as I've had them as well.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Ray

I would love to see these in M4/3 as well

Unfortunately I don't beleive it will happen, I think Oly would see a conflict between regular 4/3 and M4/3, the way I read Oly marketing is that M4/3 will be a stepping stone to a DSLR, secondly I wonder how big F2 M4/3 lens would be and would it negate the size form.

Of course I hope I am wrong