We have a lot of Mac users here!

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I was surprised to see the Google Analytics data on our visitor's internet browsers:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Considering that unregistered guests are included in those data, I was expecting Firefox to be the most popular. It really surprised me to see that the #1 browser amongst all visitors was Safari!

Less than 10% of the Safari visits were on an iPhone. The most common OS/Browser combo was Mac/Safari (29.97% of all visits) with the second most common being Windows/Firefox (22.70% of all visits).

trisberg

Mu-43 Regular
It is a bit surprising to see Safari being the most popular browser. What also surprised me was the Chrome number, had no idea it would be that popular. Almost half of the IE number.

-Thomas

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Ah... Macs! I LOVE 'em. Used Safari for a long time but recently tried Firefox and I think I like it a little better than Safari... so for now, my Macs are surfing with Firefox. ;)

Real Name
Bob
I'm probably the one Camino user (with 97 visits shown)! I've been using Camino over Safari for a couple of years because earlier Safari versions were just too slow. Safari 4 has been much quicker than previous versions so I now alternate between S and C.

So... anyone using OSx 10.3.9 or 10.4.11, you might want to try Camino. It seems much faster than Firefox, too. Almost never use FF anymore unless I'm checking the look of a site design.

bashar

Mu-43 Regular
Barefoot, Camino is my second emergency use choice, its nice and clean.

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
Mac OS X is OK, but I'm happy with GNU/Linux myself.

What's cheering is that Internet Exploder is now a minority browser. For years, people writing web pages have been hampered in their attempt to exploit the opportunities that ought to have been opened by successive versions of (X)HTML and CSS by such dire warnings as "MSIE's box model is broken". The hell with MSIE (Trident); we the masses can run Gecko/Presto/KHTML/WebKit.

(Right now I'm using what I suppose appears in your list as "Mozilla compatible age[nt]".)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom