We Buried My Father-in-Law Today

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
RIP John Spotts
3/31/31 to 1/11/11
You served your country well and they remembered.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for sharing this. It is often difficult to express how much we owe to our seniors. Old pictures, and the memories they stir are invaluable for putting the world in perspective.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Richard,
Honors to your Fallen Hero. Sympathy to you and yours.
It would be an Honor for me to Honor him by reading his name on Memorial Day at our Memorial Day Service.
He will not be Forgotten!
Don

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Thank you all.

@Don - I am sure it would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to include this link for his obituary.
Charles F Snyder Funeral Home - Obituaries and Tributes

He had 11 heat attacks over the last few years and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 months ago. He refused pain medication because when people visited he wanted to be able to give them his full attention. During the service many people said they went to the hospice to comfort him yet it ended up he was the one comforting them.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Thinking about others was his life. I had a "It's a Wonderful Life" moment during the viewing. I knew he was a really nice guy and was an average food salesman for 39 years, never making a lot of money. I always wondered why he never rose very high in the business. Person after person came up to me who worked with him mentioned how he helped them in their career. He would pass on sales leads and spend time with people teaching and helping them. Time and sales leads he could have spent furthering his own career. He was too nice to step on anybody.

He was one of those people the world would say didn't amount to much. I learned otherwise. I am ashamed I didn't know him better.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sympathies for your loss and prayers to you and your family. We owe much to your father-in-law's generation.

Kevin

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Here's an idea

My condolences.
When my Mom passed away I created a video montage of her life. I shared it with several family members. They all liked it and several commented that I should have done it while she was alive. I realized, they were right.

I created one for my uncle's 80th B'day and it was a big hit. As photographers we should all try to share such great memories while people are alive so they can enjoy them.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom