We are already at the "optimal" 4/3 sensor?

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't think m 4/3 is at it's best yet. First thing that needs improvement is high ISO performance probably 16-18 clean (not noisy at high ISO) megapixels would be optimum.

I think the perfect camera would be the size of the new Sony NEX, High ISO performance like a Nikon D3s, Shoot video like a Canon 5D MKII, have controls of a Canon I DS MK IV, have lens quality of Leica M lenses, lens selection of combined Nikon and Canon DSLR collections and for the price of an Olympus E-PL1.
How about build-in EVF that can be tilted?
And IS/IBIS as well as AF support via adapter for non-native lenses?

Next to these two features, body-wise I would actually be satisfied with just gradual improved High ISO and dynamic range over GF1 in LX3 sized body with incorporated L1 flash.
- Instead of going after the pro-level camera, to my opinion Panasonic should look more at out of camera JPG (noise reduction, motion blur detection, panorama sweep like Sony, HDR like LX3) and lens selection (or have Sigma/Tamron enter the m43 market) for easy access to better photography for less experienced people (biggest market).

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I've been a huge fan of Panasonic over the years, and I think once they get their jpeg engine down, I think they could really advance sensors and cameras alike.

No one talks about Samsung much, but they have the assets to actually advance sensor technology farther than many of the companies mentioned. The problem is, they are several years behind in understanding the photography market at the higher level.

Sony also has the assets, and this is shown through their NEX series, but the user interface needs work to appease the high end users. Their lenses also need to be better.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Giving EVF away for free icw GF1 means (Amazon as well as B&H)?
  • A better one coming (Panasonic mentioned resolution was limited by GF1 interface)
  • GF2 has build-in EVF (hopefully tiltable) and old EVF's would become obsolete
  • Support GF1 sales because GF2 is almost ready!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom