1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

We ain't got no place to go...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by ill_dawg, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Let's go to the punk rock show!

All taken on my e-pl1 with the pana 20mm/1.7, converted to b&w with alien skin exposure 2. Thus was a concert held in Jakarta to raise money to aid the victims of the recent earthquake/tsunami/volcano episode here in indonesia. all have been resized to make it easier on my slow 3g connection.

PB016106.
    PB016111.
    PB016136.
    PB026167.
    PB026227.
    PB026231.
    PB026247.
    PB026290.

Most of these were shot without a flash, handheld, right next to the stage. Feedback/c&c are appreciated. Don't mind the bad photoshop in the 4th pic, it's 3am here and I just wanted to take someone's head out quickly. I'll redo it in the morning without the random equipment on the bassist's leg. I just really liked the pic and thought it should go up.

Thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Is that guy playin' a D'Ag?

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Cool shots..I think I like the last few images that are a bit darker and dramatic. Seems to convey the feeling of a rock show a bit better when the images are less exposed.

4. jbart

jbart Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Ottawa
    I agree with the last post. It looks too much like they are doing a rehearsal with all the lights on. The last one is my favourite. Really nice contrast and captures the moment.

5. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. Those last two were with the popup flash, I wasn't close enough to use it earlier. Do you think more flash is the answer, or just taking the lights down in pp? I'm still pretty new to this, so every little bit helps.