1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

'Ways To Take Advantage Of A Rainy Day'

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RT_Panther, Jul 2, 2012.

• Like Like x 2
  1. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Thanks for the link RT. I like shooting in the rain:

P1010181c.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    It is funny that the photos in the thread are way better than the examples given by the writer of the article. Good going folks!

3. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    That's a great shot, thanks for sharing. I don't see streaking on a window. Was it open?

4. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Judy it a fabulous shot with amazing bokeh. It looks like a flash shot, but the rain streaks appear like a long exposure. Which is it, and what lens was it?

Thank you.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    "If you are shooting with an interchangeable lens camera, don’t change your lens in the rain."
    -from that article linked in the opening post.

Epiphanic in proportion!

6. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Thank you Crdome. The lens used was the Carl Zeiss 80-200mm F4 Vario Sonnar, 1/125th sec. Being a manual lens, the f-stop wasn't recorded in the exif, but if I had to guess, I'd say probably f5.6. I agree, this lens does have pretty bokeh.

No flash was used. It was taken from my front porch during one of those brief summer showers where the sun is still out while it's raining. The sunlight reflected off the raindrops as they fell.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The window was open and rain was blowing in.