Waterscapes - If your feet aren't wet, you are not close enough!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by MattNQ, Oct 25, 2012.

1. MattNQ

MattNQ Mu-43 Regular

Jul 31, 2012
    Hello, haven't posted in a while. Too much busyness. Did get away camping recently - here are a few from recent camping trips.
    EPL1 with 9-18mm on a Joby.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Wonderful shots. I appreciate the first two the most. They are dynamic and forceful, with shorter exposures they stop the rapid at a movement in time. Viewed last, I felt 4 + 5 to be static though nicely done and I understand your purpose. They capture the volume over time. This does not imply they are any less worthy. The two groupings showed separately wouldn't have evoked this comparison. In compositional structure 1+2 (and 3 to a degree) are quite powerful showing showing forceful movement along the diagonal. 3 has that wonderful drop off over the precipice.

Your advice is great: If your feet aren't wet, you are not close enough!

Great shooting. -Chrome
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MattNQ

MattNQ Mu-43 Regular

Jul 31, 2012
    Thanks Chrome. I appreciate the feedback. I am always interested in how an image comes across to others.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I like the first and third the best. I prefer a bit more smoothness(longer exposure) on the running water shots, but thats a small nitpit and just imho.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
    • Like Like x 1
  5. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    I like the first two and the last one. #5 the rocks remind me of a japanese saying
    "the imovable mind" or piss off I`ve been here 20,000 years you can go around me.
    I like it.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Cool shots, nicely done. :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1