1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

waterloo christmas parade 2013

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by caimi, Dec 1, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Caimi -Wonderful set of photos. I'm enchanted by their overall feel and presentation! #2 especially touches me. The mother's warmth and joy is radiant. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm beginning to appreciate noise any graininessesque. My first photo class (1970) deeply engrained me in the rich qualities of high silver concentration of ISO 25, 4x5 negatives. What ISO did you use? The desaturation is fabulous!

Chrome

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Thanks, Chrome. ISO 800. The desaturation, declarification of some elements and grain are all from LR5. The goal was to recreate the feel and mood of Christmas parades of my youth. Waterloo, IL is a small town where all the elements of such a recreation were possible. The rest was from pp.

4. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Caimi, you certainly achieved your goal. I've played with declarification but thought it had really interesting properties dream-like qualities I plan to explore. I still haven't had the strength and stamina to venture out shooting yet. I really hope for a turnaround soon.

-Chrome

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I love the effect that you achieved. With the frames they feel like old photos of past parades found in a box in someone's attic. Perfect rendering for a small town. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    I love the work you did in that set! Thank you very much for sharing!

• Like Like x 1