Water Glass Pour ...

Zman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Another photo project I've been saving to try during winter. It was harder than I anticipated. The gear set-up was easy. It was the pouring process that had lots of variables ... angle of the glass, height and amount of pour, plus my aim was bad.
EM2022119_90_edited-2_pe_edited-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
EM2022119_186_edited-2_pe_edited-1.jpg
EM2022119_102_edited-2_pe_edited-1.jpg
EM2022119_233_edited-2_pe_edited-1.jpg

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Very nice, my camera club did a presentation last week with the pluto trigger and electronic fluid dispenser which really produced some cool results with multiple gelled flashes. Lot's of fun actually we all laughed and had a good time.:popcorm2:
pluto trigger

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Hey @Zman
Can you share the backdrop lighting etc details, any pull back shots of the setup, I’m inspired to try similar, maybe with some neon colour and some blacklights

Zman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hey @Zman
Can you share the backdrop lighting etc details, any pull back shots of the setup, I’m inspired to try similar, maybe with some neon colour and some blacklights
My set-up was quite primitive. I bought a cheap roll of 36" wide white paper from an art/craft store. They say to use vellum paper but that stuff is expensive. But you get what you pay for. My cheap paper shows its material. The roll was suspended from my basement ceiling using an old broom stick and twine. Lighting behind the paper was created using a LED flashlight. Brightness and size of beam adjusted by moving back & forth. The glass was duct taped to a piece of wood that was clamped to a step ladder. Under the glass was a plastic tub to catch the food-colored water. Beneath that a plastic sheet to protect the floor. I used a corded shutter release to make the exposure and had the camera set for HI burst mode as I poured. Lots of trial & error adjusting the glass angle to create a nice wave splash. That's pretty much it. Was a nice project for a cold and snowy February day.

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
My set-up was quite primitive. I bought a cheap roll of 36" wide white paper from an art/craft store. They say to use vellum paper but that stuff is expensive. But you get what you pay for. My cheap paper shows its material. The roll was suspended from my basement ceiling using an old broom stick and twine. Lighting behind the paper was created using a LED flashlight. Brightness and size of beam adjusted by moving back & forth. The glass was duct taped to a piece of wood that was clamped to a step ladder. Under the glass was a plastic tub to catch the food-colored water. Beneath that a plastic sheet to protect the floor. I used a corded shutter release to make the exposure and had the camera set for HI burst mode as I poured. Lots of trial & error adjusting the glass angle to create a nice wave splash. That's pretty much it. Was a nice project for a cold and snowy February day.
Thanks mate.
I'm on recovery at the moment and this may be a nice little exercise for tomorrow to get me up and around after a week lying in bed.
hadn't thought of using a step ladder for clamping bits to.
I do have a full green screen setup so might see if we can't also green screen the images and then do some more magic :)

PS meant to say they are great images :)

haunted scrap heap
No flash? So 1/2000th stopped everything? Good work!
I think the fact that there's a little honest motion blur in the shots is probably what makes them enjoyable to me, as opposed to just another stock photo...

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Well done!!
I like it a lot.
You did it very well and with a modest setup.

Latest threads

Top Bottom