Water cascade

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by beehole1, Jan 21, 2012.

1. beehole1

beehole1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 7, 2011
    My first attempt at this type of capture Taken on a G10 with Pan 45mm f1.8.First image is from camera second is after PP.

Any CC or advise will be most appreciated.

Thanks for viewing.

24bkcpx.

a4pxzb.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The softness of the moss & greenery of the pre PP image combined with the crisper water of the PP image would be interesting. Just my personal taste. Thanks for sharing.

3. beehole1

beehole1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 7, 2011
    Thanks for the reply,had a go not too sure I got it right.

23lnsld.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Use a polarizing filter. Will help bring out the detail of the rocks, and provide a couple stops ND to get a little longer shutter speed.

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Out of the 3 images the first is the best. The second looks too oversharpend and the third is more of a cartoon picture. If you had the ability to try the shot again I would probably suggest a smaller aperture so you can get the water to have a smooth silky look and also it would be nice to have the rock in the bottom centre of the image in focus.

Don't give up, you're off to a good start.

For this picture I used an aperture of 11 and a shutter speed of 3 seconds to achieve the silky smooth look. The smaller aperture played a part in the effect of the water and also so I could keep most of the frame in focus.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/6740040801/" title="Remarkable Caves, Tasmamia by iconindustries, on Flickr"> 6740040801_19d6c34170_b. "1024" height="691" alt="Remarkable Caves, Tasmamia"></a>

• Like Like x 1