Water bottle belt holster/holder?

barry

Super Moderator
Hi,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced (under $20USD, prefer less) holder/holster for a common water bottle, 1 liter or smaller.
I will be putting it on a 1-1.5" leather belt, so I don't want one with integrated belt or sling/strap, and I want it to fold or compress to a small size for travel.

Plan to use it in Europe and in USA, hopefully the bottles are close enough in size.

I saw several on Amazon but they are expensive, and many are Molle mount, which I'm not sure will work well on a belt.

I don't want to put a water bottle in/on my camera bag.

Preferred colors: black, navy, khaki/tan.

Anyone know any decent ones on eBay or elsewhere?

Thanks,
Barry

barry

Super Moderator
Thanks... Will a 1 liter bottle fit in that? I don't want to be stuck with only using their bottle as it's often difficult to find a tap to refill at.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks... Will a 1 liter bottle fit in that? I don't want to be stuck with only using their bottle as it's often difficult to find a tap to refill at.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43
Try it in the store, it's neoprene and should stretch. .
And you can always refill any bottle from another bottle. :

mnr3

Mu-43 Regular
Hate to suggest sth. else than what you asked, but I would consider a real hydration pack. If you will be doing much walking, it might drive you crazy having that bottle swinging about. A liter is over two pounds, after all. A mid sized hydration pack will hold that or more and be stable, and depending on model, have a few straps to lash other things on. Or if you already have a backpack, just buy the bladder. For that matter, why not a good old leather bota style? The above referenced sleeve from rei does not include the bottle, btw

Other than that, I agree that the zoom sized lens pouch in neoprene could be a good sub, and some have the built in lash cords. Good luck

barry

Super Moderator
Thanks guys... I'll go to an REI store and check out the holster and hydration packs.

FYI, I'm leaning against a pack as I have a back injury and would prefer all load on my hips / belt... my Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 goes on my belt too.

BTW, the REI sleeve doesn't come with the bottle; it's another $14 :eek:

Thanks,
Barry

barry

Super Moderator
Lowepro and Think Tank make water bottle holders that mount to the belt.

Thanks; do you know if those will work on a regular belt? The pics on TT's site look like it may require some sort of hooks. I do have the TT MM10 bag and it works fine as it just has a regular loop.

I didn't get a chance to go to REI; the only one is far and I didn't have time last weekend... I did go to 2 other sporting good stores but they didn't have one for a belt.

Thanks,
Barry

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
The Lowepro bottle bag will go on any belt. All of my TT products will as well, although I don't have the bottle bag.

Latest threads

Top Bottom