1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Water bottle belt holster/holder?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by barry13, Jun 19, 2014.

1. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced (under $20USD, prefer less) holder/holster for a common water bottle, 1 liter or smaller.
    I will be putting it on a 1-1.5" leather belt, so I don't want one with integrated belt or sling/strap, and I want it to fold or compress to a small size for travel.

Plan to use it in Europe and in USA, hopefully the bottles are close enough in size.

I saw several on Amazon but they are expensive, and many are Molle mount, which I'm not sure will work well on a belt.

I don't want to put a water bottle in/on my camera bag.

Preferred colors: black, navy, khaki/tan.

Anyone know any decent ones on eBay or elsewhere?

Thanks,
    Barry

2. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Thanks... Will a 1 liter bottle fit in that? I don't want to be stuck with only using their bottle as it's often difficult to find a tap to refill at.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

3. popiT

popiT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    BayArea, CA
    Yang
  4. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Try it in the store, it's neoprene and should stretch. .
    And you can always refill any bottle from another bottle. :

5. mnr3

mnr3 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    Hate to suggest sth. else than what you asked, but I would consider a real hydration pack. If you will be doing much walking, it might drive you crazy having that bottle swinging about. A liter is over two pounds, after all. A mid sized hydration pack will hold that or more and be stable, and depending on model, have a few straps to lash other things on. Or if you already have a backpack, just buy the bladder. For that matter, why not a good old leather bota style? The above referenced sleeve from rei does not include the bottle, btw

Other than that, I agree that the zoom sized lens pouch in neoprene could be a good sub, and some have the built in lash cords. Good luck

6. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I second the hydration pack.

7. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Thanks guys... I'll go to an REI store and check out the holster and hydration packs.

FYI, I'm leaning against a pack as I have a back injury and would prefer all load on my hips / belt... my Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 goes on my belt too.

BTW, the REI sleeve doesn't come with the bottle; it's another $14 :eek:

Thanks,
    Barry

8. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Lowepro and Think Tank make water bottle holders that mount to the belt.

• Like Like x 1
  9. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Thanks; do you know if those will work on a regular belt? The pics on TT's site look like it may require some sort of hooks. I do have the TT MM10 bag and it works fine as it just has a regular loop.

I didn't get a chance to go to REI; the only one is far and I didn't have time last weekend... I did go to 2 other sporting good stores but they didn't have one for a belt.

Thanks,
    Barry

10. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    The Lowepro bottle bag will go on any belt. All of my TT products will as well, although I don't have the bottle bag.

• Like Like x 1