Watch Photo Thread

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Yep, too rich for my blood. I can't justify spending more on a watch than I do on my camera, I'm just not that dedicated to watches. I am planning on spending a (for me, expensive) $350-400 on an Orient Neptune sometime. I think that's a beautiful watch.

Real Name
Richard Correale
Yep, too rich for my blood. I can't justify spending more on a watch than I do on my camera, I'm just not that dedicated to watches. I am planning on spending a (for me, expensive) $350-400 on an Orient Neptune sometime. I think that's a beautiful watch.
Nothing wrong with Orient, they make a good product and are owned by Seiko. I have several other watches and none of them break the $300 threshold.

Thanks, this is reference # SPB151 which was a new release this year, a.k.a. Captain Willard. It's a modern reinterpretation of the watch Charlie Sheen wore in the movie Apocalypse Now in his role as Captain Willard.

As seen here, from the movie, on a rubber strap.
View attachment 863328
Charlie looks just like his dad, Martin in this photo.🤓🤓

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I missed a GPS watch, after my Tomtom let me down, ended up with this. Battery is replaceable with this one. Heart rate monitor as well. GPS seems accurate enough for what I want it for. Mountain biking & walking/hiking.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I've looked at those, a GPS in a smartwatch sounds like a cool thing. Especially if the battery life is good.
That one's not actually a smartwatch. It's only about 1 step up from their most basic model, but plenty good for what I want to use it for. Although, if you sync/pair it with your Bluetooth phone, it does give you notifications of calls, emails, SMS's etc. I think it will do between 2 & 3 weeks general activity tracking on a charge, or 11 hours continuous GPS tracking. I bought mine online from a US website, registered it here in Aus with Garmin, no issues at all. Very happy with it.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
That's actually better than a smartwatch. They suck down the battery power extremely fast. Not an issue if you're at home, but I found I didn't want to bring my smartwatch too often when out of town, it's just another thing with a proprietary charger that has to be set up in hotel rooms, etc.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom