Watch Photo Thread

lchien

Mu-43 Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-M10 Oly 60 mm macro 1/250 sec f4 ISO400
First sales lady said it was OK to take a pic, second sales lady (apparently the manager) chased me away after I took this photo.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm an eminently practical person. I try & keep things minimalist, simple, uncomplicated & uncluttered. If something doesn't serve a purpose, out it goes :) Life is much simpler that way.
Anyway, this is my favorite watch I've owned, by far. It's a TomTom GPS activity watch. Brilliant little thing. Very understated, minimalist design. It has an alarm in it. Stopwatch. USB rechargeable battery. I never have to adjust the time, or date, because it synchronizes with the satellites, whatever country you're in, wherever you are in the world. That big squarish button is a 4 way controller. Which also houses the GPS receiver. It allows you to navigate through the beautifully simply designed, & laid out menus with ease, in the dark, with wet, dirty fingers. You touch the screen with 2 fingers to turn the backlight on. It's waterproof, you can go swimming with it, it records your track. I bought it specifically for mountain biking, but wear it all the time. It can display user selectable items such as speed, total distance travelled, average speed, average pace, time, total time travelled, lap times, and things I've forgotten. When you get home, it will tell you highest elevation, total ascent, maximum speed and more. Love it. You could give me a 20K Rolex, & I'd still prefer this by a mile :)

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
I'd take the rollie and sell it.. and buy apple watch :p

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
Ok, now I'm inspired. My weekend is full, as usual, but perhaps next week I can attempt a couple of photos of my collection of watches. Two is a collection, right? Neither is expensive, but I like them both.

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
A family heirloom pocket watch.
View attachment 607167
Heirloom Watch by Graham Moore, on Flickr
I had a pocket watch my dad passed down to me and I passed down to my son. It has been in our family for a couple of generations prior to my dad. I researched it a little while I had it, and it is not worth very much. Mostly, from what I read, the advice was to keep it in the family because it wasn't worth selling. I don't guess that would qualify it as an heirloom, but I'm still glad we have it.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Been eying up the Orient Bambino for awhile - classy & good value. I'm not sure how long the leather strap will last - will likely replace it with a standard NATO one.

Cropped SLR Magic 8mm.

ekimneems

Mu-43 Rookie
His and Hers (Nomos Tangente 38 + Tangente 33 Champagner)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Just discovered novelty Nato straps

robin222

New to Mu-43
Real Name
robin lee
I wear this unique watch, it is cool! 3 months ago I purchased from this site

Attachments

My PADI Mini Turtle just arrived! Quick shots, didn't reposition the hands or dust it off enough. The dial texture is wonderful!

Seiko PADI Mini Turtle SRPC41J1 by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Seiko PADI Mini Turtle SRPC41J1 by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Suppose I should put a couple of shots up, of the good watch the wife bought me quite a few years back :) Still like me cheapy GPS watch though :) Keeps great time for a mechanical movement too. The 80 hour power reserve works a treat, i take it off for 9 hours a day at work, & never runs down. Highly recommended

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom