Watch out for this YouTube video!

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
YouTuber Red35 just put out a video titled "Olympus OM-D E-M1 IV & PEN-F II," with a subtitle "It's here, the hyped up flagship and street master cameras are on my hand, first impression is here."

Well, I guess I'm stupid and should have known better (I did wonder if it was click-bait, but I forgot the date today). Well, I believed it for about 3 minutes and was starting to get excited before it registered in my brain. It was a VERY annoying (to me) April Fools joke. I think the guy is an a--hole.

RS86

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Riku
Aren't the best April Fools jokes the ones you believe first? Of course there has to be something that makes it possible to realize it.

In this case I think it's that Olympus wouldn't announce or release two expensive bodies at the same time.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Aren't the best April Fools jokes the ones you believe first? Of course there has to be something that makes it possible to realize it.

In this case I think it's that Olympus wouldn't announce or release two expensive bodies at the same time.
Yes, it certainly operated as an effective April Fools joke. I guess I just don't like such things...

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
If it makes you feel better, I also fell for an April Fools joke this morning which I shared with full and honest excitement, only to be remembered by others what date it is. :whistling:

However I agree, sparking up honest excitement about the fabled Pen-F Mark II ain't funny at all! Only gets loyal users' already lost hopes up. :cautious:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Come on, Rich, you're just sore that you fell for it. Don't be such a grouch.

I think Mr. Cheng did a great job of selling the gag. He drops a few clues early on, e.g. he wants to show them "especially today, right? It's an important day." The specs he lists, particularly the 40MP sensor, are like a fanboy's dream.

- K

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Wow! A 40MP sensor! :2thumbs:

Finally something that can live up to the resolution of that $7,500 150-400mm zoom lens!

:hiding: & :flypig:

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Come on, Rich, you're just sore that you fell for it. Don't be such a grouch.

I think Mr. Cheng did a great job of selling the gag. He drops a few clues early on, e.g. he wants to show them "especially today, right? It's an important day." The specs he lists, particularly the 40MP sensor, are like a fanboy's dream.

- K
I didn't actually listen to the entire thing, once I realized it was an April 1 joke. You're right, I shouldn't be such a grouch. :)

Surpius

New to Mu-43
YouTuber Red35 just put out a video titled "Olympus OM-D E-M1 IV & PEN-F II," with a subtitle "It's here, the hyped up flagship and street master cameras are on my hand, first impression is here."

Well, I guess I'm stupid and should have known better (I did wonder if it was click-bait, but I forgot the date today). Well, I believed it for about 3 minutes and was starting to get excited before it registered in my brain. It was a VERY annoying (to me) April Fools joke. I think the guy is an a--hole.
Temper, temper. I had my hopes up too. Soon laughed as I realized foolishness. I have been hearing about the TG 7 for months and mention of ODS “promises”. But the long time goes by, the less chance of that coming to pass. Then the EP 7, must have been in development before the sale to become ODS. Still waiting with less expectations for news, July 3rd.

mawz

Mu-43 Veteran
Temper, temper. I had my hopes up too. Soon laughed as I realized foolishness. I have been hearing about the TG 7 for months and mention of ODS “promises”. But the long time goes by, the less chance of that coming to pass. Then the EP 7, must have been in development before the sale to become ODS. Still waiting with less expectations for news, July 3rd.

The E-P7 could well be a post-sale development. It's really a parts-box camera (it's essentially a E-M10IV with the EVF chopped off and some E-PL10 accents plus some software bits from the Pen-F, which is pretty closely related to the E-M10IV in terms of hardware).

I doubt it took long to develop, they did do a good job though

My guess is we'll see 1-2 more basic updates and in-flight lenses before we start seeing a real internal project that isn't primarily based on internal hardware. They could readily do an E-M5IV quickly as well (TruePic IX, don't limit the electronic shutter like the E-M5III does and restore the tethering that the Mark III dropped and I'll grab one).

But OMDS does need a big camera launch to really say 'We're Here' and that needs to be the E-M1X Mark II or the E-M1 Mark IV.

Tapper

Mu-43 Veteran
Red35 is a good guy.

You just fell for an incredibly common April Fool's joke.

Latest threads

Top Bottom