Watch out for this YouTube video!

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
YouTuber Red35 just put out a video titled "Olympus OM-D E-M1 IV & PEN-F II," with a subtitle "It's here, the hyped up flagship and street master cameras are on my hand, first impression is here."

Well, I guess I'm stupid and should have known better (I did wonder if it was click-bait, but I forgot the date today). Well, I believed it for about 3 minutes and was starting to get excited before it registered in my brain. It was a VERY annoying (to me) April Fools joke. I think the guy is an a--hole.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Riku
Aren't the best April Fools jokes the ones you believe first? Of course there has to be something that makes it possible to realize it.

In this case I think it's that Olympus wouldn't announce or release two expensive bodies at the same time.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Aren't the best April Fools jokes the ones you believe first? Of course there has to be something that makes it possible to realize it.

In this case I think it's that Olympus wouldn't announce or release two expensive bodies at the same time.
Yes, it certainly operated as an effective April Fools joke. I guess I just don't like such things...

If it makes you feel better, I also fell for an April Fools joke this morning which I shared with full and honest excitement, only to be remembered by others what date it is. :whistling:

However I agree, sparking up honest excitement about the fabled Pen-F Mark II ain't funny at all! Only gets loyal users' already lost hopes up. :cautious:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Come on, Rich, you're just sore that you fell for it. Don't be such a grouch.

I think Mr. Cheng did a great job of selling the gag. He drops a few clues early on, e.g. he wants to show them "especially today, right? It's an important day." The specs he lists, particularly the 40MP sensor, are like a fanboy's dream.

- K

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Wow! A 40MP sensor! :2thumbs:

Finally something that can live up to the resolution of that $7,500 150-400mm zoom lens!

:hiding: & :flypig:

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Come on, Rich, you're just sore that you fell for it. Don't be such a grouch.

I think Mr. Cheng did a great job of selling the gag. He drops a few clues early on, e.g. he wants to show them "especially today, right? It's an important day." The specs he lists, particularly the 40MP sensor, are like a fanboy's dream.

- K
I didn't actually listen to the entire thing, once I realized it was an April 1 joke. You're right, I shouldn't be such a grouch. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom