Wassup from Da Bronx

Oopsydaisy74

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Will
Hello, I'm not officially a m4/3 user yet, but I've been following this forum and learning a lot, here and all over the web. I just recently sold my 7D and lenses(jury's out whether I should have kept the lenses). Prior to that it had been strictly a P&S affair.

I really learned a lot while figuring out my 7D, but in the end it was a bit too much camera for me. Once I discovered the world of m4/3, I knew that was the way I wanted to go. I like the idea of a small(discreet) camera with the ability to use different lenses.

I am yet to purchase my first m4/3, but I think I'm waiting on the announcement of the GH2, as I like what the GH1 offered with the hack. I'm hoping the GH2 will incorporate most of what that hack enabled and also upgrade the specs a bit, specifically low-light sensitivity. Just 2 more weeks, but I feel it's an eternity:wink:

Anyway, this has been a longer intro than I intended. I'd just like to say this seems like a great community and I look forward to learning more and sharing my results. BTW, some of you have really sick skills. One can dream, I suppose

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Yo Bro,
Wazzup back at cha from Philly...?
Post some images in your gallery so we can see what your up to....
Later. Shooter

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello and welcome from Oz. The word on the GH2 is Pana will make it 'hackproof' but will probably not upgrade the video specs. Only a matter of time to hack it I suspect.

The GH1 is at bargain prices currently and comes with a great lens.

Oopsydaisy74

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Will
Thanks for the warm welcome. I see we have some NYers here. As soon as I get the GH1/2, I will shoot and share. As for the GH2 being "hackproof", I've learned over the years, that nothing is. It's just a matter of whether some enterprising individual will put forth the effort and time. If Panasonic intends for this to be their "flagship" m4/3 line, the GH2 will have to have more than a boost in megapixels, so I'm hoping they do up the ante in the video realm. Also, more importantly, they need to boost low-light sensitivity. That is what the GH2, and m4/3 in general, needs to keep up the momentum. If they don't improve the GH2 substantially over the GH1, then I will certainly take advantage of the price drops. BTW, I know this is a still-centric community, but does anyone know if it is fact that the "hack" no longer works on the GH1? Just wannna have all my ducks in a row when it comes time for me to pull the trigger. Thanks in advance

Latest threads

Top Bottom