1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Washington State user here..

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Exposed, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    After much reading on the M/43 cameras, I purchased the Olympus E-PL2 w/ the new kit lens. So far I am so very happy with it. I have been a Nikon D300/D70s user for about 5 years. Before that it was all Hasselblad. After 30 years as a full time working pro, using the Olympus is a dream. I am now slowly shutting down the wedding/portrait end of my work and going back to what I love the most, back country landscapes. Washington State has some of the best back country and I hope to capture some with my new Olympus.

Keep up the great work everyone,

Randy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Randy. Sorry about missing you mate. The other guy from WA is getting all the welcomes and not you. It's good to have a professional here, there's quite a few of them bouncing around. Keeps us amateurs on the right track.

I own a GF1 but the oly's are very renowned for there awesome ooc jpegs. What lenses do you currently have?

I'll be waiting to see some fantastic landscapes soon:)

Cheers mate,
    Icon

• Like Like x 1
  3. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hey Icon.
    I thought WA was Western Australia, now I find it refers to Washington state in USA. No wonder they don't know what a real Ute is!
    Cheers
    DUD

4. Iconindustries

Yeah Dud, i thought the same thing. I still can't figure what the A bit is used for. The W stands for Washington but the 'A'. Dunno.

As for ute's, they probably think they're indians:rofl:

5. Hi Randy,

Don't worry, there's more than just us Aussies here on the forum! Welcome and enjoy your new E-PL2.

P.S. I was also guilty of thinking WA = Western Australia

• Like Like x 1
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Randy from the down-under WA.

7. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Hey guys,

Thank you for the welcome. At this point I only have the kit lens. But am looking at others. Still working on learning everything about this camera. My idea is to use this as a new backcounty camera for stills and movies. We shall see.

Photos are on the way.

WA is short for Washington.

Talk soon,

Randy

8. lkgroup

lkgroup Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    hay Randy where do you live?

I live in Skagit County.

The tulip fields are just now coming out after a late spring.

leo

In Washington State "Wa"

9. Iconindustries

4 in a row! We are a friendly bunch

10. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Leo,

I live in Chelan County. The hills have just now started to green up and balsamroot has bloomed. I have wanted to come over and see the tulips for some time. Maybe soon.

Randy

11. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I'd been toying with a hike and boat trip using Lake Chelan, but several other sites are on my summer's list as well. As a resident of OR, I knew where WA was right off :smile: - enjoy your :43: gear, and welcome!

We'll be in my wife's home town of Anacortes for Easter, I'll be watching for less-visited tulip views while up there.

12. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Jim,

Lake Chelan, WOW. Great place but has really become "overrun" with big, over the top homes. If you can make it to Stehekin at the head of the lake, do so and stay there. My wife and I were married there in 2005. We spent 3 perfect days in December. You will enjoy it.