1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Washington DC with inexpensive native lenses

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Roger, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Was in Washington DC last week with some school kids and used the kit lens and an Olympus 40-150 almost all the time. I also carried Sigma 19 and 30's but hardly used them. In the past I always carried several legacy lens and mostly used them. I didn't even carry them this time. I did notice on this trip that I have a spot or two on my G2 sensor. I see a spot on one of these pictures that I forget to remove. First and last pictures were taken with the kit lens and the middle one was with the Oly 40-150.

1190665_-_Copy-1.

1190674_-_Copy-1.

1190705-1.

• Like Like x 5
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I like #3.

Is the magenta colour cast deliberate, in theme with the cherry blossom season??

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Magenta not deliberate on my part, but it was the most common color of the tulips I saw. Very few yellow ones.

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    If its not deliberate, you might want to try adjust the white balance, particularly if you shot RAW. All three photos have a slight magenta cast on my screen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Same here - the W Monument and the Capitol granite should be closer to white, I think. :thumbup:

6. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    I do have raw files, but these were just the jpegs. I'll play around with them later. Thanks for the critique. Now that you mentioned it I do see the magenta cast.

7. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    We just missed going to DC this year for cherry blossoms. Life got busy and forgot all about it.

Definitely will be there next year for the cherry blossoms blooming.

Thanks for sharing.