1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Wasabi Battery for GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by GFFPhoto, Nov 30, 2013.

1. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Has anybody tried the Wasabi battery for the GX7. I have used Wasabi before, and liked their product, but the photo on Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NJCFRE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) shows the battery marked BLE-9 (GF3, G5 I think), and not BLG 10 which is what the GX7 uses. Are the BLE-9 and BLG-10 interchangeable? I'm a bit nervous putting an incorrectly marked battery in a camera I just bought...

2. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Yes, I use the Wasabi BLE-9 battery in my GX7. Works fine except for the smoke coming out of the camera...just kidding about the smoke.

The voltage is the same (7.2V) in both. The capacity of the Wasabi battery is slightly higher (1100 vs. 1025mAh), so it stores more charge. Therefore, the Wasabi battery has a slightly higher Watt-hour rating (7.9 vs. 7.4 Wh) which is the voltage times the capacity (mAh).

• Like Like x 2
  3. MarkyM

MarkyM Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 27, 2013
    Ohio
    Yes, they are interchangeable. The E9 I think was for the GF6. The G10 is just a higher capacity. I bought the Wasabi kit with 2 batteries and charger due to the unavailability of the Panasonic battery. I am very happy with the kit (so far), especially for the low price. The GX7's battery remaining indicator still works but a bit differently...not as linear...but that has improved after a few charge/discharge cycles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Duncan

Duncan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2013
    I'm also using a Wasabi BLE9 battery in my GX7. It works fine, and I haven't really noticed any difference in performance between it and the Panasonic battery that came with the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks everyone! :2thumbs:

6. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    The G5 battery is not the same, its much bigger physically, the GF3 batt can be used in the GX7, same case, lower capacity at 940mah, but quite ok to use just wont get as many shots. So whatever the GF3 batt goes into you can use with GX7.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    Well, I ordered a pair of Wasabi batteries and charger for my Oly Pen E-P3. One of the pair "died" on it's fourth charge cycle never to take a charge or work again, the other swelled up in the camera within a week of that first dying.

Took me over 2 hours to pry it out and I was risking damage to the camera in the process. Fortunately I got it out without damage and immediately ordered the Olympus brand for a spare.

At the same time I ordered that pair I ordered a pair of Wasabi's with charger for my GH2's. I never got more that half the run time out of them as I did with the Lumix batteries. I gave them away rather than risk using them on a project.

I "bite the bullet", pay the price for the "real thing", swallow hard and move on.

• Like Like x 1