Was I dreaming? Meike macro flashes for M43's!

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
I thought I read online that Meike was to add a wireless macro light for M43's cameras but can't seem to find it anywhere online? It had a controller that mounted in the hotshoe and two separate flashes mounted around the lens, all wireless. I can find the models that support Sony, Nikon, and Canon but no M43's. Was it a wishful thinking or am I dreaming?

I thought I read online that Meike was to add a wireless macro light for M43's cameras but can't seem to find it anywhere online? It had a controller that mounted in the hotshoe and two separate flashes mounted around the lens, all wireless. I can find the models that support Sony, Nikon, and Canon but no M43's. Was it a wishful thinking or am I dreaming?
I read the same but cant find it now

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to all who replied. This Meike is what I was thinking of, now if they just make one for M43's! Of course I could get the Olympus Wireless Flash Controller and a Wireless Flash Receiver that would convert my old Olympus FL-36R to wireless?

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Never heard of this. Do you have a link for this? Thanks
https://www.cactus-image.com/

I’ve got four of the Cactus V6ii for Olympus. One sits in the hot shoe as a transmitter, the others beneath the flash guns. The system allows HSS.

From the transmitter, you can manipulate the output of each flash individually in 1/10 stop increments. Once set, you can turn a wheel left or right to simultaneously increase or decrease flash power whilst maintaining the ratios you originally set.

I’d need to check whether they work in standard ttl mode, I think they must do, I just don’t use them in that way.

Mine have been uber reliable.

Cactus for ultimate reliability. You buy once and rest easy.

And If you are just experimenting, Neewer also has el-cheapo transceivers that work well. Delicate build quality but then you only pay $17 or so.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wayne
Don't know if you are looking for Panasonic or Olympus but I found this with a Google search:

https://www.diyphotography.net/review-olympus-stf-8-twin-macro-flash-system-micro-four-thirds/

Here is another link:

https://www.adorama.com/iomtf22.htm...f7tfVa8nMzYgAR_S1HVWSvO3Kt-y00CRoCfiEQAvD_BwE

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
I have an old Olympus FL36R Flash that could be be converted to wireless radio control with the new Olympus Radio Controller and Flash Receiver but I'm not sure if the FL36R is weather resistant like the new FL700WR Flash is. The Wireless Radio Receiver is about $150 dollars cheaper than the the FL700WR Flash is.

PS, I currently use the FL36R Flash with a coiled cable and handhold this flash with the 60mm Macro lens. I think the little Flash that came with the EM1.2 can work through the camera and will provide optical TTL but it's line of sight only.

PSS, I finally found the FL36R Flash manual buried in an old camera bag (how many bags do you have?) and in the back under precautions it says to not use the Flash in dusty environments or the beach, and not to use it in the rain. Bummer, but then I don't usually shoot in the rain but it would still be a feature I would like.

Last edited:

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
I , after much thought, decided to get two FL-700WR Flashes. They can be used for many applications including macro. I thought at first to just get one of the flashes with a wireless controller but the flash was only $50 more and makes a great dual system flashes and I can experiment with lighting techniques with many features that are compatible with the EM 1.2 camera. Like focus stacking, light painting, and many other features that I look forward to experimenting with these two strobes.
Agaain, thanks to all for the great advice!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom