Was expecting a bit more help

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Benzy, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Benzy

Benzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    Your credit card might offer an extended warranty - look into that
  3. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    Using the lens for a trip and then planning on returning it upon your return does not seem ethical. Renting one does.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    While I feel for the issue you're experiencing, I'm not sure why you would expect B&H to be "flexible" regarding their 30-day return period. What's the point of having a well-defined rule if they're not going to stick with it?

I realize you're posting this question specifically for B&H, but I'm interested in hearing a bit more about the particular issue you're describing, if you're comfortable in sharing. I haven't heard of this sort of issue, at least not to the degree that it makes the lens unusable. Which lens and body are you having trouble with?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Personally I'd look closely at the lens' mounting and see if there's something obstructing the springy bit : there might be a five-minute solution and it might not be a fault at all...
  6. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Is it just fitting loose or is it not functioning properly? There are some variances in build that might make the camera or lens in spec, but a bit loose.
  7. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I think all of my lenses would move 1mm if I forced them. Even a stiff focus ring like the 20mm version 2's can cause the lens to move just a bit on the mount. Not sure it's a problem at all...