1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Warriors' Watch Riders Sends Off LT Eynon

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Streetshooter, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Here's a link to the photos from the mission today. LT Eynon is on his way to Afghanistan. We sent him off like a Rock Star Hero that he is.

The G1 with the kit lens worked great in the 12 degrees F windy weather. For the road shots, I was hanging out of the window of my pickup while my friend drove. We were doing 60MPH so framing was hard but worked well.
    I try not to love this camera but alas....for my work camera, it can't be beat.

http://www.streetshooter.us/22310.html

shooter

2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thanks for helping us remember what important , you photos are awesome , your early work is very moving , gary winograd would approve.............:)

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Don, thanks for sharing this moving gallery with us. I think a lot of us in the Unites States are out of touch with those who are fighting for our country, and that is a shame which your photography helps to correct.

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Very moving catalogue. Let's hope he comes home safe.

5. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks everyone for the comments....
    Shane Eynon is a very interesting man. Here is a brief bio from the mission post....

LT Eynon has served in the US Army and PA Army National Guard during the 1990's as an enlisted soldier. After receiving his PhD, in Psychology from Temple University he was commissioned as an officer in the US Navy.

He is currently serving at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda MD as the Service Chief of the Wounded Warrior Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Program where he treats combat wounded Sailors and Marines for PTSD and TBI.

He will be deployed as a psychologist with the USMC to Afghanistan from January until September 2010. LT Eynon is interested in many outdoor activities such as camping and fishing.

He is currently working to develop treatments for PTSD based on Japanese Warrior and Martial Arts meditation methods.

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    he sounds like an amazing person to know , i wish him well

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Great set Don, thanks for sharing with us... we owe so much to our service men and women. Here's to his safe return.

Cheers

Brian

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Better PTSD treatments are sorely needed, and his work sounds interesting. I didn't know that psychologists were being deployed, but I'm glad to hear that the troops are getting that support.

9. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    These kinda events get me all skidaggled photographically.
    What I try to do is capture the event so that anyone viewing the images could get a feeling of, being there, or something. It's not about art or pretty pictures. It's about humanity. I hope it comes across that way. I posted it here cause there's many here I respect, and those opinions mean much to me.

Funny, for my personal work, I don't give a crap who like what....but this stuff...I am always on guard......

I did 3 sendoffs last year that the soldiers didn't come back...well alive at least.
    So I hope I am getting as close to right as I can....
    Thanks all for your support....Don

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It certainly does. I don't think anyone with a heart can look at your pictures of this man with his young child and wife without seeing it that way.

Don, I think you've done right by Mr. Eynon, and my thoughts are really with him and his family after looking at your photographs again today.