Warning :sale-point.com

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by QualityBuiltIn, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QualityBuiltIn

QualityBuiltIn Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    There are a few lenses on my wish list and every week or so I check Google Shopping for them. Yesterday I found a 14mm Panasonic lens for £95 and clicked through to sale-point.com

There is a message on the front page about shipping from Milton Keynes (I'm near Edinburgh) and that VAT and duty are included. I'm sure that the paypal logo was also there. So I selected said lens to buy.

Next page, for email and delivery address was mainly in German which didn't worry me - they (claim to) have a UK warehouse.

Strangely that seemed to complete my order - they had not asked for my credit card details and there was NO paypal option. Now I'm confused.

I checked my email to find a long, poorly worded and slightly threatening ('binding contract' and similar phrases) message from Thailand.

So I Googled sale-point.com to check reviews and to see if others had used them.

Seems like it could be a con. Other people have not had goods delivered but have been chased by debt collectors. I have emailed my cancellation but now am slightly worried that I may have invited a bit of hassle. I'll have to wait and see.
  2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Thanks for the heads-up. I hate the way that google shopping seems to be so open to this kind of abuse.

Anyway, I *think* you should be covered under the distance selling regulations (7 day cancellations etc) since you were led to be believe it was a UK sale of UK stock. Of course if they are scammers they won't care about that but it's hard to see what they can do with debt collectors if you cancelled, haven't paid and they haven't delivered anything.

Hopefully you won't have any hassle but if they don't agree to the cancellation it might be worth sending them a strongly worded email with your own interpretation of the "law" - quote the DSR regs and anything else legal that you can find - just in case.
  3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I use Google shopping to get an idea of price and availability, then buy through a well-known and reputable supplier. Result is likely a higher price paid; I consider that to be "peace of mind insurance".

I also look at resellerratings.com for information on suppliers I haven't used before. There may be other rating services that are better, but this one has been around for many years.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. salepoint Management

salepoint Management New to Mu-43

Apr 23, 2013
    Official Representation as to Assessments

Official Representation as to Assessments

Since complaints and assessments have been published in this forum, consisting of untrue facts and assumptions not representing reality, we feel obliged to rectify these and provide an official representation, respectively.
    Import Export Group Co., Ltd. with its head office in Thailand maintains numerous Internet portals worldwide for the sale of electronic articles. To exemplify this we name the following: sale-point - sale-point - Ihr Exportpartner -, www.i-camera-online.com or i-store-online.com - istore - der Elektronikdiscounter-.
    Our group comprises companies based in Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
    Our companies primarily sell electronic articles to wholesalers and retailers, such as mobile telephones, computers, cameras, camera technology and accessories, as well as various consumer electronics produced by well-reputed brand-name manufacturers. Private consumers may order our articles as well. All our products on offer are exclusively genuine, original products by well known brand name manufacturers and not, in any case, copies or plagiarisms
    Our parent company has been in operation for than 10 year with a customer base of more than 2 million customers worldwide.
    We would like to comment on the 10 most common complaints in this forum/complaints portal:

1.) Goods never received - it is a scam
    We strongly refute such a statement. As stated before, our company has been active in the import- and export business for more than 10 years and is one of the biggest in this sector.
    Each customer will receive his/her ordered and paid for goods. In case of supply bottlenecks, unduly long delivery delays or loss of consignment customers will be reimbursed their full amount paid. In the event of loss of consignment, we even generously apply our fair dealing regulations and allocate a payment of damages of about 10 % of the amount of invoice. Of course, in such an event the individual circumstances will be considered.

2.) There has been a Loss of Consignment
    Just in our field of business, namely the international mail-order business, loss of consignment is an almost daily issue. Roughly, 10 % (computed based on all international consignments shipped with shipping and logistics service providers FEDEX, DHL, DPD and Interlink) were reported and processed as lost in the course of the year 2012. To put it quite clearly, 7408 consignments did not get to the addressee, since they were stolen en route, were misrouted, or there were other inexplicable events during transit, that resulted in a consignment being blocked.
    Embarking on settling such a loss of consignment with the pertaining insurance is a long and cumbersome affair. In order to shorten the period between the report of loss, or suspension of delivery, and the dispatch of a replacing consignment or the refund of payment as much as possible, we request the customer concerned to send us a signed statement, stating that the customer did not receive the goods ordered and paid for, and that the customer does not have any knowledge as to the whereabouts of the consignment. This procedure speeds up things, as, based on such a statement, we are in the position to initiate dispatching a replacing consignment or refunding the invoiced amount. In many cases the goods had been left with a neighbour, who, only days later, contacted the rightful addressee to hand over the goods. In such a case the rightful addressee, of course, did not have any idea as to the whereabouts of the goods, until informed by his/her neighbour. Other cases, unfortunately, were issues of goods credit fraud/Internet crime, namely ordering under a false name and with a false address. The customer’s signed statement, as you might understand, also serves your own security, as nobody would like to be accused of fraud. According to the shipping documents the consignment had been delivered, however, you did not get it.

3.) I had to pay costs for returning the Consignment
    In principle, standard consignments are free of shipping charges. This, however, does not mean that we do not have to pay shipment costs to the logistics service providers. Depending on weight, international consignments incur rather dear shipping costs. Returning a consignment incurs the same, partly even higher shipping cists. Thus, it is very well comprehensible that a company claims the shipment costs from the customer, particularly, if the business is not at fault for the reasons of returning the consignment. According to German law, the trader is currently still obliged to bear the shipping costs for consignments returned. However, the German legislative authority has now changed tack and an amendment of the law obliges the customer to bear the shipping costs for returning consignment as from 2014.
    4.) It took very long to get the Consignment - I did not get any tracking Data.
    In many cases, we agree with such a complaint. We guarantee delivery within 30 days. In most of the cases, we also meet this deadline. However, in the international mail-order business longer delivery periods will always have to be reckoned with. In particular, in the case of standard consignments each individual consignment will be routed via several shipping logistics service providers. Our main distribution centre dispatches a standard consignment as a bulk shipment that is together with about 60 other consignments on one pallet. Of course, there is no dispatch code number for the individual end customer’s consignment, since there is only a consignment note for the bulk consignment. In the country of destination, this bulk consignment will be sorted into the individual consignments according to addresses of delivery. As from this point in time, there will a consignment code number allocated, that will, however, not be entered into the customer account, since due to processing time and the time delay, delivery will be effected even before the consignment code number will have been entered.
    In the event of express deliveries, each individual consignment will be dispatched directly from the dispatching warehouse to the addressee. In this case, there will always be a traceable consignment code number.
    5.) I had to pay import turnover tax
    Our business maintains two different Internet portals. On the one hand there is the international platform (for example, sale-point.com) and on the other hand there is the EU-platforms (for example, i-store-online.com - istore - der Elektronikdiscounter-). On the EU-platforms, all prices are invoiced at final price, including all costs and fees (VAT and customs duties). Thus, on delivery of such an article to the addressee, neither additional costs nor fees will be incurred. In principle, such articles will be dispatched from a distribution centre/warehouse located within the territory of the EU.
    As to the international portals, articles are grouped into two article categories. On the one hand, there are EU-articles, for which the same price declaration and price calculation applies as on the EU-portal. This means article prices already comprise al taxes and fees and there will be no additional costs incurred on delivery within the EU-territory. All these articles are marked with a small EU-flag and the article view page points this out explicitly.
    The second category comprises all non-EU articles, meaning articles located in a distribution centre/warehouse located outside the EU-territory (for example in Hong Kong). These articles will be invoiced at net-price. In the event of delivery to an addressee within the EU-territory, import turnover tax and customs duty, if applicable, will always be incurred. The total price is indicated as gross amount (including VAT and customs duty) on the article overview page. However, you will pay us the net price only. The difference between this net price and the gross price will have to be paid to the deliverer on delivery. The amount payable at the time of delivery is visibly and indicated clearly on the order confirmation.

6.) My Article did not have German Language Settings
    In the article view window, you may select the language settings. In the event of no choice being made, staff at the distribution centre will pick the next available article, irrespectively of the country of destination.
    7.) My Cancellation Refund does not appear in my Account or on my Credit Card
    Refunds are effected automated from the customer’s account depending on payment method selected with the refund application after the retention period has expired. Retention periods have been introduced in order to prevent money laundering and misappropriation of credit cards. We do apologise for the event, that a refund does not get back to you on time and ask you to contact our complaints management at complaints@sale-point.com.

8.) I do not get a Reply to my Query.

Without exception, each query will be handled manually by our support team, provided the query gets to us via our support centre. Queries by e-mail will not be processed or answered in general, due to not being assignable to an ordering process. With such a large customer base, this is unfortunately also not feasible for implementation either. Please, exclusively contact our support centre from within every sub-site of our Internet portals for all your queries.
    9.) I have been mailed by a Debt Collection Agency
    This will be the case, if you have not settled an unpaid invoice after having been sent several reminders, or if you have left an order placed un-attended, having neither cancelled nor paid it. Forwarding such a case to a debt collection agency or initiating court procedures will be the last resort we take. Prior to this, the customer will receive at least 14 e-mails and pertaining information. If there is no reaction after all this effort to contact you, we will have to take this action unfortunately.
    10.) I have cancelled, however, I received an Invoice for Cancellation Fees
    In principal, cancellations within 72 hours after placement of the order are free of charge. After this grace period, the standard order processing procedure will be initiated. This means, the order received will be packaged and shipped to the export duty customs office or, in the case of an EU-consignment to the EU distribution centre. This procedure, of course, incurs costs, that we invoice to the customer in the event of a cancellation of an order. When processing the order, it will be irrelevant, whether the order has already been paid for or not. Particularly in the case of standard international bank transfers, there could be a transaction period of up to 7 workdays. If we were to initiate sipping procedures only after receipt of payment, the delivery of goods would be delayed substantially. This, of course, will not please the customer.

Maleerat Jamroonchat
    Management Import Export Group
  5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Wow Maleerat, thanks for letting me know what other web vendors to avoid. You included a nice list. Your attitude clearly shows you are not a vendor worth working with, even if you are legit which I highly doubt - 10% loss rate?!? So, if I were to order from you, I have a 1 in 10 chance of not seeing my goods first time round, and have to sign a waiver and opening up myself to your claim that I now have two items?

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Admins, I hope you lock this thread rather than delete it. It contains a complaint, and the vendors own very-telling response. Might be a good warning for those in the future.
  7. sinclair

sinclair Mu-43 Veteran

That and nearly a year late. Did the OP ever get the lens or confirmation of cancellation?
  8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    lol. Didn't even notice the OP date, heh heh. Nothing like dragging up your own bad history (meaning here the vendor)
  9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    And said vendor has now exposed their scumminess to a bunch of people who would've otherwise been completely unaware. Fail.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA

Of course a visit to their site which autoplays horrible club music was quite enough for me to determine that I was never going to get anywhere near a shopping cart.

This company's approach seems to be customer hostile.
  11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011

PETERVENTECH New to Mu-43

Aug 12, 2013
    I-Store Online

According to their website they have a warehouse in Milton Keynes UK yet there is no address given & they are untraceable in Milton Keynes on Google. They are also registered at 29 Harley street yet if you open the registering company their they are not listed. Companies house shows they registered a year ago & have not yet submitted statements - their first statements have to be submitted on 30th Sept.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I paid for a camcorder on 28th July so I will wait till 28 August see if it comes. They say I must wait for 5 days before claiming which makes it a bit tight to open a Paypal dispute.
  14. andrew19550

andrew19550 New to Mu-43

Oct 16, 2013

I have purchased a laptop from I-Store-online
    my experience:
    I typed Google for cheap laptop best price I-store-online £524.00 GBP wow £200 cheaper than Amazon. They pay all the Vat and duties so I places my order as they used PayPal . They said my order had arrived Milton Keynes Local Warehouse have your paperwork ready. But nothing arrived. contacted I-Store they said there had been a problem and would credit my account with £25 and give me free special delivery. 14 days pass nothing happens so i contact I-store to ask if my laptop was in Thailand or the UK they said Germany, why Germany I ask they said it was in there warehouse? after another 14 days still no Laptop. At that point I said I would cancel my order if not received in the next few days. I got a new status the next day Consignment in delivery . another 14 days passes still no Laptop. I decide to cancel my Order But have not Received any money to this day nearly 3months
    Here is my Order Status

Account history
    07.21.2013: In order processing
    07.22.2013: 001)=Order in Process
    07.22.2013: 01) order received
    07.22.20=3: 02) Shipment completion check
    07.22.2013: 03) shipment completion note 27.07.2013
    07.22.2013: 04) release for payment
    0=.22.2013: P1.4) Payment Request
    07.22.2013: 05) Invitation
    = 07.30.2013: 09) Shipping coordination Shipping coordination
    07.3=.2013: 09) Shipping coordination Shipping coordination
    07.30.2013= 09) Shipping coordination Shipping coordination
    07.30.2013: 09) =hipping coordination Shipping coordination
    08.02.2013: 10) shipment has left warehouse left central warehouse
    08.05.2013: 11) Order=reached sorting centre Entry sorting center
    08.07.2013: 13) Shipping international shipping
    08.21.2013: 14) Distribute=on Centre Entry Enter local distribution centre
    08.24.2013: 16) Sendung in Zustellung
    08.28.2013: D7.4e) Consignment in delivery <=r /> 08.28.2013: L1) received a deposit 25,00 EUR
    08.28.2013: D7=4e) Consignment in delivery
    09.12.2013: 16) Sendung in Zustellun=
    09.23.2013: B4) Rescission without charges
    09.24.2013: =1.2) Settlement & Credit Payment received: + 524.95 GBP
    Compensation: 0.00 GBP
    Retraction fee: 0.00 GBP
    Sundry cost= and fees: 0.00 GBP
    09.26.2013: L2) Withdrawal request received
    09.26.2013: L3) Withdrawal request confirmed

Just let me say I will not purchase again from abroad for this reason and have lost lots of sleep with worries on this as it appears they are very good at saying things are happening when they Don't. Please beware, you will see other blogs of other peoples experiences with _I-Store-Online as I have.
    I would like to hear of anyone in the UK with good experience fro I-Store-Online. Thanks for Reading my Blog
  15. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    I almost fell into one of these traps, silly me thinking Google has some way of filtering out scam. But a voice in my head kept shouting it's too good to be true (same voice, I might add, that whispers to me Jeopardy answers I have no business of knowing) , so before I clicked that place order button, I googled the company name and voila -- consumer reports abound.

From now on I google every unfamiliar store name I plan to do business with -- and some of them are really legit businesses -- and if any results shows a BBB report or anything fishy I stay away.
  16. mmh

mmh New to Mu-43

Oct 20, 2013
    I am in the process of being screwed by www.i-store-online.com (order 60064477, if they are monitoring this thread), and I feel pretty stupid.

I found them on google uk shopping with loads of great looking (presumably fake) reviews, and a good price, and didn't research until it was too late.

They took €170.27 from my card, which includes €19.90 for 4-5 business days delivery. After 7 days, the order status said the item is still where it started, so I requested the refund of the express delivery fee (I'm only back in Europe for two weeks, which is why I ordered express), and it's then that I did my research.

I requested cancellation of the whole order and refund for the full amount.

They said fine, but will take 3.5%, except they enter it into my account, not put it back on my card - and the amount now showing on my account is minus 7%, not 3.5.

And I have to fill out a form, from scratch, as if they've never heard of me or the order, to receive funds.

And they tell me that it will take 42 days to return the money after receipt of the form

And I have to open a new support request each time I want to tell them something

And, even though all non-email communication is in English, including their website, they answer the majority of support requests in German, even though I've specified English and have only communicated in English, since I don't speak German. I use google translate to read their correspondence.

Anyway, my next step will be to email complaints@sale-point.com - although something tells me that Maleerat and co consider their business to be that of screwing people, and will respond with a list of screwing-focussed rules, if at all, from beyond the rule of European law.

I will post updates in this thread.

Wish me luck

I hope this thread helps somebody else.

17. oneleginto

oneleginto New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    On the 1st September i orders a tv from this site for £331 after all the emails telling me its on the way then at the last minute.. It gets lost..!! never mind got told a new ones on the way and would be with me soon.. Mmm..2 weeks later NO tv.. No more emails from them.. why are paypal still letting them trade on there site?
  18. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Surely your credit card can refund you, as a last resort? I did it once, again as a last resort, because the retailer takes too much time and gives too many hassles to address my complain.
  19. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Guys, while I understand people may have a problem with sale-point.com, the two above problems both have 1 post each, and neither one specify buying camera gear. I would definitely research any company which had a much lower price than regular online, but not sure if these people found this thread from Google, or actually have camera issues.
  20. degsy1

degsy1 New to Mu-43

Oct 24, 2013
    I have received a Surface Tablet from you, delivered in what looked like a recycled shoe-box. It's taken 2 months; loads of hassle, and followed the same pattern of "lost in transit" - you claiming from your insurers (claims history must make interesting reading)etc. Although the Tablet is OK, I have a German Touchpad Keyboard and European Charger yet I ordered UK equipment. I am waiting to see what you are going to do about it - speak to Max in your customer services. It's interesting that for such a huge organisation, it's always Max who replies. To be fair perhaps I should be commending you for having such a slick system that customers get to deal with the same representative, every time - that's an uncommon experience.
    In the end though, it would have been a lot cheaper; quicker and less stressful to have ordered direct from Microsoft or PC World. If you come good on the keyboard etc. I will be very surprised, but, in the spirit of fairness, I will acknowledge here, if it happens. It seems to me that if you are truly concerned about your business and its customers you will send me your email address and I can sort it out directly with you as the person in charge. I will send a copy of this post to your customer services so that you can contact me directly.
    As for this post, watch this space folks.............
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.