1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Warm hello from Rome!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by amalric, Jul 26, 2012.

1. amalric

amalric  

Jul 24, 2012
    Rome. Italy
    Warm in the sense that we are in the middle of the fourth heatwave, this month of July 2012.

So I am living by night and not shooting much.

I am almost retired and mainly shooting for pleasure. A journalist by trade, sometimes I get some paid assignements.

However I am mainly into documenting my city and street shooting. See here:

amalric's photosets on Flickr

This is the first photo site I open in the morning, and I am an addict to the 3d 'show us your adapted lens...' Which I find great fun, because I have a mix of adapted and native lenses. One of the reasons for getting into m4/3.

Have fun, and cheers!

Am.

2. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    It's a pleasure to find fellow italians. It's super-hot here too in Reggio Emilia :)

3. amalric

amalric  

Jul 24, 2012
    Rome. Italy
    Thank you Pharaviel

In fact I am an Anglo Roman, but I speak Italian natively.

I hope you weren't too shaken by the earthquakes in Reggio.

Life can be hard in Italy these days, although photogs. believe it's paradise. :biggrin:

Keep up the good work!

Am.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Amalric, that thread you mentioned is one of the oldest we have here, and I enjoy looking at it often as well. Glad you're enjoying the site!

In the past month, we've had over 5000 visits from 195 cities in Italy. 786 visits came from Rome, which was the highest of any city.

5. amalric

amalric  

Jul 24, 2012
    Rome. Italy
    Well that means that they are getting less provincial and trust better their English. But then it's also a great compliment to your site.

Last Rome is great for street shooting and thus for m4/3 use.
    K. Tuck and others always show their Rome street shots. I try to do them daily, but I am no HCB:rofl:

6. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Our houses got only cosmetic damages, but some neighbors in Modena lost their houses. They are demolishing them in these days.