1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] Wanted: PowerShot S95 or Lumix LX5

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Mr Hahn, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    My brother just lost his camera and I'd like to get him another. He's never had a nice camera, just cheap point-n-pray little things, so I'm going to fix that this year.

If you have an S95 or LX5 available please let me know. I'd like to get my hands on it before Christmas so he has a camera to photograph his wife and kids on Christmas day. I'm located in the USA and don't want to buy from overseas.

Thanks,
    Nate

2. mitchins

mitchins New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 24, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Well someone wishes to sell one here...
    https://www.mu-43.com/f17/fs-lower-prices-pansonic-lx5-lx5-leather-case-lowepro-apex-60aw-7797/

I looked at the S95 and LX5 and decided to but the Sony DSC-WX1 (now DSC-WX5) instead as it performed better inside (dark) had higher fps (10fps), and fit better in my pocket. The DSC-WX1 can let you control most everything you would want to on a compact in P mode, (ISO, flash, burst, bracketing).. obviously missing are manual exposure and aperture (this is a bit of a joke on a compact camera, there's no DOF and any sensor smaller than :43: you'll want to shoot wide open for fear of diffraction. ) Sweep panorama mode is also fun, as well as 1080P video. Hand-held twilight mode is the best thing ever though :2thumbs:

3. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    I actually did read the listings before I posted and that camera listed is in the UK so it won't work, but I'll look into the WX5.