Wanted - macro converter or lenses for Olympus e520 camera

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RobertCBergman, Jun 26, 2014.

1. RobertCBergman

RobertCBergman New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2014
    I am a novice and would like some help with starting to get into macro shooting. I have a e520 Olympus with standard kit lens 14-42mm and 40-150mm. I have been looking and noticed that I could do the following:

1.get a MCON-P01 Macro Converter to my kit lens
    2. Buy a olympus macro lens

Not sure which way to go as hard to get hold of a used Macro lens for my camera as being a 4/3 mount as well.

Looking forward to hear from other members here who may have been in the same boat.

2. dpaultx

dpaultx Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2014
    North TX
    For less than $10 you can get a reverse lens adapter ring for Olympus from numerous eBay sellers that will allow you to mount your 14-42 kit lens "backwards" on your e520 body.

The back side of this adapter ring is a 4/3 bayonet mount to fit your camera body and the front side is threaded to fit the filter ring on the front of your lens. You thread the adapter into the front of your lens and the lens is then mounted backwards to the camera body. The adapters are sold based on the thread diameter of the front ring and you simply have to get one that matches the filter size of your lens (i.e. 52mm, 55mm, 58mm,or whatever).

All functions of the lens must be done manually, of course, but it's amazing how well this simple little trick works. It's a really simple and inexpensive method to get into macro photography.

3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    There are people selling the ZD 35mm macro in these forums.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43
  4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Your e520 is a FOUR thirds DSLR
    The MCON P01 will not fit your kit lens as it is designed to fit the MZuiko Digital 14-42mm Mk2 and R lenses and the MZuiko 40 - 150 and R / 14 -150 lenses (MZuiko is the Micro Four Thirds Range of lenses)
    Your best choice would be the Zuiko Digital (Four Thirds) 35mm Macro Lens as mentioned above
    Hope this helps with your choice