1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[FT] Want to trade Olymps OMD E-M10 for Nikon (preferably) DSLR | Location: Albany NY | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by nigelcorn, Jul 18, 2014.

1. nigelcorn

nigelcorn New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Apr 6, 2014
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Trade
    Trading
    Want to trade Olymps OMD E-M10 for Nikon (preferably) DSLR

Ships to
    CONUS

Description
    I purchased this EM10 when they first came out thinking that I would use it more than a dSLR because of it's smaller size. I've used it for a couple months now, taken it to the Grand Canyon and on a cruise to Alaska. It takes fantastic pictures, really it does. I'm noticing that now that I'm spending more and more time just taking pictures of my kids that I wish I had the faster autofocus speed of a true dSLR. The other day I asked my wife how much she had used this camera and she answered only once since the time she used it she missed a couple shots because the kids were running and the autofocus was a little slow.

That being said, I'm tempted to see if anyone has a similarly valued ($799 new within the last couple months or so) dSLR. I already have some Nikon stuff, so I would prefer to stick with Nikon, but that isn't an absolute requirement. Maybe there is somebody out there who has a nice dSLR that's thinking they might like to try the m4/3 format?

This camera is in perfect condition. Not a single scratch or smudge on it. Will be shipped in the original box, and include all original accessories. Will also include a polarizing and UV filter. I'll have to check exact shutter count later, but it's under 1000. Like I said, I've only taken it on two trips and it's been in a bag the entire time. The lens is the kit 14-42 2rk. I've been impressed with it. If I end up keeping the camera I'd add something at the longer and wider ends, but I've been impressed with the quality for being a kit lens.

The camera takes fantastic pictures, the quality is top notch. The only downside is a weakness with the entire mirrorless system, and that's the autofocus isn't as fast with moving subjects as a true dSLR. I didn't think this would bother me, but since it's now mainly a "running little kid" camera, I'm missing more shots than I want to. If it turns out I can't find a trade, I won't be heartbroken at all. This really is a fantastic camera and it deserves all the praise it's been getting. The build quality is great, it feels really solid in my hand, and I love the smaller size for the ease of carry.

I know I'm relatively new and unknown on this forum. I've included my ebay username, but over the past 10 years I've probably only used it a dozen times. I would prefer if anybody is interested if we could talk on the phone for a bit, that usually helps me to get a feel for whether I can trust the person or not.

Here are a couple sample photos:

14041759083_15b3874a4d_z. 20140412-P4120038-Edit-2 by nigelcorn, on Flickr

14015688190_8311a67da3_z. 20140504-P5040515 by nigelcorn, on Flickr

[​IMG]20140506-P5061015 by nigelcorn, on Flickr

14015700627_4df3077e29_z. 20140508-P5081131 by nigelcorn, on Flickr

It's easy to find other sample photos from photographers much more talented than I, but I wanted to put something up that's been taken with this exact camera.

References
    ebay: scottchamberlain

Acknowledgment
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. limdoug

limdoug Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    PM sent

3. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Apr 9, 2013