1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Want a Confidence Booster? The best comparison video I have seen.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Robert Watcher, Jan 10, 2019.

1. What I like about this video is the practical method used to compare a top end full frame sensor Canon 5d mark 4 with pro lens, against a top end micro 4/3 sized sensor Olympus E-M1 mark 2 with pro lens (1/2 the size, 1/2 the price and 1/4 the sensor size) based on one of the justifications for full frame - that you need that larger sensor to attain top quality big prints.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Different subjects, different lighting, different lenses. The test isn't exactly very scientific is it?

If he wanted to prove a point he should have shot the lot on MFT then sought the printer's opinion.

If you can live with a tripod and cable release I'm guessing you'll get better results out of the Canon all day long. Depends what you're looking for from your system. Ability to hand hold very long lenses in broad daylight is more important to me, therefore Olympus wins hands down. There are other photographers who would benefit more from the bigger sensor.

Waiting for someone to make an informative youtube video discussing the benefits of chicken soup vs beans on toast. Both are tasty snacks which will stave off hunger, but that's about all they have in common.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I think it would make a popular you tub channel where you did comparisons that were completely pointless; you could compare a printer and a pencil, well both will work on paper for words and pictures. They would be hardly more pointless than some of these lets compare videos, where the areas of advantage of one or other is completely ignored.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    This is literally the third thread on this forum about this exact same video...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    it's also not a great comparison in my opinion. would have preferred same shots taken one after another...………….but that is just me

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team Subscribing Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I didn't get past his accent - micro four firds ! Thirty seconds and I was out! I know I'm a snob, but there it is. In any case, having read all your critiques I wasn't exactly coming to it with an open mind ;) 

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I know exactly what you mean. I was so startled I nearly fell in my moat.

• Funny Funny x 8
  8. JDS

JDS Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    David Schultz
    Tough crowd...

9. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team Subscribing Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    So many talking head gear videos these days - if it ain't top notch, then it may as well not be there!

10. John M Flores

John M Flores Super Moderator

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    The best way to improve your photography is to become a better photographer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.