Want a Confidence Booster? The best comparison video I have seen.

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
What I like about this video is the practical method used to compare a top end full frame sensor Canon 5d mark 4 with pro lens, against a top end micro 4/3 sized sensor Olympus E-M1 mark 2 with pro lens (1/2 the size, 1/2 the price and 1/4 the sensor size) based on one of the justifications for full frame - that you need that larger sensor to attain top quality big prints.

Last edited:
Real Name
Richard
Different subjects, different lighting, different lenses. The test isn't exactly very scientific is it?

If he wanted to prove a point he should have shot the lot on MFT then sought the printer's opinion.

If you can live with a tripod and cable release I'm guessing you'll get better results out of the Canon all day long. Depends what you're looking for from your system. Ability to hand hold very long lenses in broad daylight is more important to me, therefore Olympus wins hands down. There are other photographers who would benefit more from the bigger sensor.

Waiting for someone to make an informative youtube video discussing the benefits of chicken soup vs beans on toast. Both are tasty snacks which will stave off hunger, but that's about all they have in common.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
Different subjects, different lighting, different lenses. The test isn't exactly very scientific is it?

If he wanted to prove a point he should have shot the lot on MFT then sought the printer's opinion.

If you can live with a tripod and cable release I'm guessing you'll get better results out of the Canon all day long. Depends what you're looking for from your system. Ability to hand hold very long lenses in broad daylight is more important to me, therefore Olympus wins hands down. There are other photographers who would benefit more from the bigger sensor.

Waiting for someone to make an informative youtube video discussing the benefits of chicken soup vs beans on toast. Both are tasty snacks which will stave off hunger, but that's about all they have in common.
I think it would make a popular you tub channel where you did comparisons that were completely pointless; you could compare a printer and a pencil, well both will work on paper for words and pictures. They would be hardly more pointless than some of these lets compare videos, where the areas of advantage of one or other is completely ignored.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom