Wanderlust's New Travelwide 4x5 Point & Shoot

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by MikeR_GF1, Apr 13, 2013.

1. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

I just learned about this today, and quickly kicked in some dough for this camera in Kickstarter:
    Travelwide 4×5 camera by Wanderlust Cameras — Kickstarter

I know that there is an active thread here on Wanderlust's "Pinwide" pinhole lens (which, BTW, I just bought, in a sudden attack of GAS :redface:)

For anyone who is an unrecovered camera nut (guilty!), getting a new 4x5 field camera for $99 is an offer too good to refuse.

Michael Johnston's TOP blog ( The Online Photographer ) tipped me off on this. I think I visit his site almost as often as I do this one.
  2. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah I've been waiting for a good long time for Ben, and Co to get this done for like a year now.

Velvia 50 is once again availible in the US for 2013, stocks projected to last until Oct. This may upset the balance of that if the hipsters glomb onto it like they did with lomo's and instant film's.
  3. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
  4. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

BIG silver gelatin prints

Digital Silver Imaging, up in MA, has a unique niche, I think - ONLY black & white gelatin prints. Now they want to ramp up their capability, to be able to produce 48" wide prints.

Big Silver Gelatin Prints by Digital Silver Imaging — Kickstarter

I'm tempted, a little bit, but maybe the reward for backing them is a bit skimpy? I dunno - Kickstarter is a new thing to me.