Wandering Spider and her Flys

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
At first I found her in the SW corner of the garden, then the middle, and then she was to be found in the NE corner. She’s been making her way around.

Seeking, or rather feeling, her way around in the performance of her function. Filling a niche in the natural landscape, doing what spider does.

The last morning I saw her she was plainly visible, bright yellow on strong pink, and then a young butcherbird came and landed by my shoulder.

So I hid her in the flowers, and she went on apparently uncaring of the danger throughout the day. And disappeared that night.

There are a number of these crab spiders, of all sizes and shades yellow to white, some with distinctive black tattoos.

And there’s enough big blue flies to feed them all, coming from my neighbours dogs run.

Flies will be flies too … dogs will be dogs.

Welcome to my garden, said spider to fly. As she held out her arms to embrace ...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But fly was too busy preening to hear her, and went about his merry way.

Spider is in no hurry to gather her visitors, being strong in her patience.

Fly is proud and confident of his escape abilities, with wings of steel.

Watch out fly, she's almost upon you. Time for some aerobatics.

And someone else can take the fall, another kind of fly.

So she moves on, one thing leading to the next.

Another time, another place, another fly.

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the pics! I was just hoping for some action shots :D
The only action shots you get with spiders and flies are dead flies. I have one from this series but I thought nah, already enough death about. :)

Lcrunyon

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Loren
Amazing images, as always Mark. You must be as still as a statue, not only to get such sharp images, but also for a butcher bird to land on your shoulder!

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Amazing images, as always Mark. You must be as still as a statue, not only to get such sharp images, but also for a butcher bird to land on your shoulder!
Stillness is the way to see what moves so little. The garden here is wild and butcher birds are frequent visitors. Every spring I feed them all and the young get to know me some. It was probably one of those that landed on my shoulder.

Nice photos, Mark - are they with an achromat or just cropped a little?
Nearly always with achromats, and shot at 4x3 and cropped to 3x2 for composition and fit. Cropping if necessary. All tools are of use at some time.

Really like the DoF on these, are they stacked?
If not what "F" stop do you use?
No stacking, f16 is usual but can be to f22 depending on the situation.

Thanks for comments all, appreciated.

emudojo

Mu-43 Rookie
Stillness is the way to see what moves so little. The garden here is wild and butcher birds are frequent visitors. Every spring I feed them all and the young get to know me some. It was probably one of those that landed on my shoulder.

Nearly always with achromats, and shot at 4x3 and cropped to 3x2 for composition and fit. Cropping if necessary. All tools are of use at some time.

No stacking, f16 is usual but can be to f22 depending on the situation.

Thanks for comments all, appreciated.
Lens?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom