Wall Paintings - What do you think?

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
The other day I went to my hometown temple. Just wanted to test the EM5 ii and the oly 14-150ii. Inside the temple was dark because it was just opened for me after asking the monks. I took some photos of paintings on a wall in a dark spot. I shot handheld, no flash (cos I don't have one), no outside stabilization, this means I didn't lean on a wall, I didn't put the camera on a floor, etc..

Why did I this? I was eager to figure out which fast lens I need, if I need one. A oly 17mm 1.8, a Sigma 1.4, or a oly 25mm 1.8.

Yes, I am planing my Family Christmas vacation to the north of Thailand. I am not sure I will come there again. There such great places and white temples and nature. I wanna prepared.

So I have chosen my hometown temple for low-light performance with the EM5 ii and the oly 14-150ii.

The photos not technical perfect or best pp. Just wanna share so you can see how the combo is performing in low light, maybe when flash is not allowed. Also the ISO set to Auto 6400 and Aperture mode.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think this type of photo lends itself to a high ISO better than say landscape.
These OLY non pro lenses seem to perform very well for the price, and have given you some nice images. I would say a good choice

I’m waiting for the Christmas specials for the 75-300

Top Bottom