Walkway & Building in B&W

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by savvy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    • Like Like x 4
  2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    I like the shot.
    you might try to move a little to the left and be at the center of the walkway.
    The treatment to the building structure is very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Hi Ehud,

Thanks for the comments and suggestion.

That is in fact how I first set up to take the shot, but being central, and pointing down the walkway, I lost most of the tall lamps, and the diagonal line of the low wall leading you up to the building.

It's a pity I didn't actually take that one so I could post up for comparison.

Thanks again.

Les.

• Like Like x 1
  4. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Digital shots are for free :smile:

5. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    I have found allot of times that the shot I found best in the field does not come out nice on the computer monitor.
    since the LCD on the camera is small we miss small detailed and the composition that looks great on the small screen does not transfer nicely to a larger screen.
    For this reason I try for every shot with a publishing potential to shot in a few angles and positions.
    After uploading to the computer I use a trick I have learned from a pro. I use the survey screen in LR to sort the bad from the good. Usually the bad and the good jump out of the screen even when they are small thumbnails.

• Like Like x 1
  6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Hehe - LOL :smile: Very True !!

• Like Like x 1