Walks of the Pandemic

Papadoc

Mu-43 Regular
And Jewel would be upset if I didn’t include her
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Determined to go somewhere.....anywhere....booked a timed entry slot for my reluctant family to walk around one of my local National Trust estates. Meant to book tomorrow, but got today in error (no refunds of course). Tomorrow's weather forecast is good.

It was actually quite nice between the episodes of torrential rain.

_R100015-web1875x2500U90.jpg

_R100078-web1667x2500U90.jpg

Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
I take it you didn't make such an error when ordering your new camera and free lens.
(And no doubt your other half thought the same). :laugh:

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
And looking at your photos in the other threads, (bridges, trees, rivers etc) you've got more atmosphere from the bad weather than you probably would tomorrow.
All great shots Richard. :thumbup:

It had been a while since I did my last "walk of the pandemic" (while having a camera with me, anyway). In the meantime, face masks have become "strongly advised" (and will soon also be "mandatory") in indoor public spaces. It took me a while to find something worthwhile to shoot, but near the end of my walk I captured this through a window of our central station:

(Cross-posted in the P20mm showcase thread. 🙈)

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
Every weekend my wife and I try to go somewhere for a walk or hike. Yesterday we went to Pittsburgh's North Shore area, just across the Allegheny River from downtown Pittsburgh. Here's a few of the things we saw. All shots taken with PEN E-PL7 and Olympus 25mm f/1.8 lens. Unless otherwise mentioned, I think all of these are SOOC JPEG's.

First, just a sidewalk scene.

Next, the underside of the Fort Duquesne Bridge. I increased the contrast a little to accentuate the yellow paint on the bridge structure.

Excterior shot of the Jerome Bettis Grille 36, named after the Steelers Hall of Fame Running Back. Currently being remodeled inside while it's closed during the pandemic.

Just across the street from Heinz Field I found this "Terrible Towel" hanging in the branches of a tree. I did not stage this photo - didn't touch the towel. Just photographed it as I found it. And felt that since the Steelers are set to play the Cleveland Browns today, I must post it here. Go Steelers!

And here's a shot of PNC Park, where the Pittsburgh Pirates play. I ran this through the Key Line art filter. This shot is a cross-post from the Art Filter thread.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom