Walks of the Pandemic

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I hope you'll bear with me (yet again) for another "Bike Ride of the Pandemic".
We set out on this particular route a few days ago after discovering it a short while ago and I intended to submit a couple of photos for the Tracks and Roads forum and possibly the Show Artworks one. However, there are quite a few aspects of interest which could have gone in other fora too, so I've decided to lump them all together here!

A couple of years ago the local council obtained money from a European Community Fund to build some safe cycle routes alongside main roads. We'd never bothered with this section as it was slightly out of the way as we usually only drove into town. During the lockdown we thought about riding into town while it was quiet and used this off-road section.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You can just see the start of a dangerous bend on the main road, that the new track has cut out.

I think a few of these could have gone in the Show Fences forum too.

A little way on, the track crosses the main road and continues alongside it into town. That's what we'd intended to do on our first ride, until a friend suggested an alternative. Despite living in Pembrokeshire for over 40 years and passing this side road literally thousands of times, we'd never ventured down it because we though it only led to some cottages and the hunt kennels. However, once the road ends there is a bridleway that one can cycle down, taking a short cut into town.
Here's the start of the track.

And rounding the first bend there's a lovely section underneath an avenue of sycamore trees.

Which continues for around a mile or so.

Before emerging on a quite road leading into town.

As the cafes are still closed due to the lockdown, we didn't ride into town, instead taking a road heading north into more countryside.
We stopped for a drink and banana on 'Cuttybridge' an old stone construction over a tributary of the River Cleddau. There's so much greenery alongside the river that it's hard to get a good view of the bridge itself.
Eagle-eyed viewers may just be able to see what's about to pounce at the other end of the bridge. :eek:

This traditional Welsh house, built of local stone, sits high above the river in case of flooding.

And is guarded by this creature (which I will post in the relevant forum to satisfy Erich :rolleyes: ).

The owner of the house has painted this wonderful mural on the side of their garage, dedicated to the NHS workers looking after us all during this pandemic.

And from there we had an uneventful few miles home.
Thanks once again for looking. :2thumbs:

"Together for a healthy Delft. Take your responsibility. Prevent spreading the coronavirus. #togetheragainstcorona"
P1000315.jpg

Handshake at 1.5 metres distance? 🤔
P1000323.jpg

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom