Walks of the Pandemic

macro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Danny
As of one hour ago, we won't be aloud out like that mate. Home for one month at least. Go for a walk on the street or in the yard and that's about it unless its the supermarket. The police will be checking vehicles if you are out and about. We certainly won't be able to travel 20 -30 km in the car in NZ.

All the best your way Ron.

Danny.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
When I get good news, it's nearly always followed by bad. good forecast so I was going out in the tinny tomorrow to do a bit of birding with the waterfowl but I just got an email from SEQWater who own all the freshwater and surrounding bush in these parts of the state saying that they've closed all recreational facilities on their water and surrounding lands. As the rig is only decked out for the fresh, it looks like it's going to be garaged for a good while but at least I got one trip in it. I rarely see a soul when I'm out on the water so where's the logic in closing isolated waters and bushlands to lone fishers or walkers when it's still OK to exercise in suburban streets or have some bugger cut your hair? Anyways, looks like I'll be doing a bit of lure chucking in the salt tomorrow on foot so I'll take the EP1 mini and the 12-32 with me as well..........................oh feck the weight, I'll take the 5mkll and 75-300 as well, because with my luck, if I don't, there'll likely be some missed opportunities.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I didn't realise they had sheep recharging points up on the moors yet Chris. ;)
Looks like a great place to escape the crowds and get some good fresh air.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As of one hour ago, we won't be aloud out like that mate. Home for one month at least. Go for a walk on the street or in the yard and that's about it unless its the supermarket. The police will be checking vehicles if you are out and about. We certainly won't be able to travel 20 -30 km in the car in NZ.

All the best your way Ron.

Danny.
be safe Danny. we are at least still allowed to go out in the woods, think they would have a hard time stopping that here in Alaska.

JNB

Mu-43 Veteran
Revisiting some of the images I took on the last trip to the coast before beaches and trails in Nova Scotia became off-limits. There is a shelf of ocean-smoothed rock there that always draws me in.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
I didn't realise they had sheep recharging points up on the moors yet Chris. ;)
Looks like a great place to escape the crowds and get some good fresh air.
It’s a windfarm so somewhere under the ground are some meaty cables, hence the signs, but it does make a slightly witty pic.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Walked in the neighborhood this morning...

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
self-isolating this evening

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My local boat ramp this morning normally empty midweek. Only one of 3 rows of vehicles which tells you two things..........how many folk have been laid off and that the prawns (shrimps) are running.

P3260002.jpg

Bengeo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy
Hoping today or tomorrow to finally finish my 75-300 review.
In the UK we are only allowed out for essential shopping and 1 exercise walk/run/ride a day. I dug out my old 75-300mm to make a featherweight kit to take with me and it's amazing for its size and price. A local buzzard yesterday:

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My gear for this morning's "walk" plus the combo that took the pic. I was supposed to go out on the freshwater in my boat but the waters are closed. They've actually done me a favour because my photo mojo seemed to have been lost of late. This morning I had over 50 keepers, people, birds, scapes and even some roosting bats in the space of 4 hrs...............plus I got 4 hrs "exercise" ;-)

Social Distancing Gear by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
My new G85 arrived today so I had to try it out. This is my neighbor's back yard.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
Our Provincial Legislature building almost always has people of one stripe or another on the grounds. I figured it was an opportunity to try some shots of the building.

Wasn't sure how I should have handled the sidewalk for this one....

Also learned that Hi-Res mode will not tolerate any over exposure.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Got out to the same spot but took a different route around the windmills for some new perspective... my shots are all looking rather similar of late. No sheep, or birds today, just some landscape shots with and without windmills and a plant!

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Got out to the same spot but took a different route around the windmills for some new perspective... my shots are all looking rather similar of late. No sheep, or birds today, just some landscape shots with and without windmills and a plant!

View attachment 810236

View attachment 810237

View attachment 810238
Creeping thistle maybe?
Did you know there's one called a Melancholy Thistle?
Perhaps they'll all be melancholy too, if no-one gets to see them. :rolleyes:

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I rarely see a soul when I'm out on the water so where's the logic in closing isolated waters and bushlands to lone fishers or walkers when it's still OK to exercise in suburban streets or have some bugger cut your hair?
And therein lies the stupidity and inconsistency with this entire thing. Our idiot governor decided yesterday that lawn maintenance companies need to stay home. Last time I looked, these people all work outside and not in a group. If getting there in the same vehicle is the issue, then let them drive separately. Leave it up to each company to make it work and stay within the rules. These are typically low wage workers and need every penny. Yet, it's ok to go for a walk in the park, a run on the street, or a bike ride.

In my town, parks are open. In the next town, parks are closed. There is no rhyme nor reason, it's just whatever one thinks is ok versus the next.

Yesterday on a drive to/from my project site.
P1020592 by telecast, on Flickr

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
And therein lies the stupidity and inconsistency with this entire thing. Our idiot governor decided yesterday that lawn maintenance companies need to stay home. Last time I looked, these people all work outside and not in a group. If getting there in the same vehicle is the issue, then let them drive separately. Leave it up to each company to make it work and stay within the rules. These are typically low wage workers and need every penny. Yet, it's ok to go for a walk in the park, a run on the street, or a bike ride.

In my town, parks are open. In the next town, parks are closed. There is no rhyme nor reason, it's just whatever one thinks is ok versus the next.
Agreed. They legislated here for closing gyms, sports centres etc but leaving nail/beauty salons/hairdressers to carry on as normal. When this was questioned, they then amended it to 30 minute appointments only. When this was then questioned ie "have you ever known a woman have her hair done in 30mins" they then backflipped and reverted to lifting the time limit. So as it now stands it's OK to go to the hairdressers :wtf: You can't get much more closer proximity than that! Even the Australian Hairdressers Council has pushed for a complete closure to protect members as well as clients. There seems to be too much emphasis on the economy as opposed to health.

Last chance for a swim before winter has gone out the window! Free council pool closed!

Social Distancing Consequence (6) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom